Majestic Dash 8 + FMS Data Manager

Hello,
Purchased the Majestic Dash 8 today and installed in P3D v5. Tried to add it to the FMS data manager, but it would not detected it via scanning, and when I tried to manually add it there was no option to install into P3D v5, just P3D through v4.

The manual installer seemed to update it properly, but I am unsure if the proper path to add in the data manager would be P3Dv5\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400 or P3Dv5\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\nav

Any clarity on the path would be appreciated, as would updating the data manager to be able to detected it automatically. Thanks!

Hi,
can´t reproduce it - see here:

What FMS Data Manager version do you use? The latest 1.8.5.1105 - you see this on the “Settings page”

When not, update the FMS Data Manager first and try it again. The manual installer is updated with the next upcoming AIRAC cycle 2013, which will releas on thursday.
That´s because the P3Dv5 version for the Majestic was released after the official AIRAC release 2012.

Hope that helps,
Richard

1 Like

I didn’t realize that there was an update to the data manager – I’ve installed that and it seemed like it mapped OK. Is it supposed to map to the top folder of addons?

For example, it mapped FSLabs \Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons whereas in the old version I had had to manually map to \Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSLabs\NavData – and then now that it automatically mapped to the Majestic, it mapped to \P3Dv5\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400 instead of \P3Dv5\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\nav – is that correct? Hope that makes sense.

Otherwise, I’ll find out if it’s working right when the AIRAC updates. :slight_smile: Thanks!

Hi…

Yes those mappings look correct.

Cheers
Ian

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.