macOS 11 Simlink crashes since last update

working on macOS 11.7.10, was told by Navigraph charts this morning that there was a new simlink update and installed it. Simlink keeps crashing since then. Tried to delete application support / Navigraph folder but no way, simlink does not open anymore and keeps crashing…

A post was split to a new topic: Simlink crashes after latest update, Windows 10

Hi! Welcome to the forum @cb6663 . Thanks for reaching out!

This is not expected, and not something that we can reproduce so far. Please provide more details!

So Simlink keeps crashing on macOS immediately when opened, since the last update? Do you ever see part of the interface or does it crash before it’s even visible?

Kind Regards,
Malte

Hi @cb6663 ,

Can you please check is there any permission is missing with the Simlink application or not?

Simlink needs file folder access permission to store some configuration. so please check whether the Simlink application has Full Disk or File Folder access permission or not from macOS -> System Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Full Disk Access / Files and Folders

Please check the Simlink application permission and allow access to it.

Feel free to inform us, if you still face the issue.

Kind Regards,

Vishal Ahir
Navigraph

Hi, I gave full disk access to Simlink and it’s still crashing at opening… I confirm that is the case only since I’ve updated the app this morning to its last version.
All the best.
Christophe

Hi, I am on macOS where can I find a log that would help ?
Regards.
Christophe

I tried this also and it still crahes

Can you share the prvious version installer?

HI @bmonte777 ,

Thank you for the log file which you sent us. From the log file, it looks like SImlink plugins are loaded without any error.

I think the previous version is working can you please check with this version? And let us know if the previous version is working or not.

Kind Regards,

Vishal Ahir
Navigraph

Hi Vishal,
yes I confirm that this previous version is working correctly on my macOS 11.7.10 and I will not update to the last version of simlink for now as requested by the plugin. May I expect a working update for later ?
Best regards.
Christophe.

Hi Christophe,

Thank you for your reply with observation. Yes, you will get fixed old macOS version support in the next Simlink version.

Please feel free to inform us about any issues.

Kind Regards,

Vishal Ahir
Navigraph

Hello Vishal, i have installed the previous version and it works perfectly.

Hi @bmonte777 ,

Thank you for your test result.
You will get a fix for the macOS issue in the next SImlink release.

Please feel free to inform us about any issues.

Kind Regards,

Vishal Ahir
Navigraph

Thank you Vishal. I remember that the same thing happened in the previous version. It did not work and you had to send a fix (for MAC users at least).

Cheers

I was having the same problem on Mac OS 10.15.7.
Download the previous version via the link in Vishal Ahir’s post above and now working normally.
Must be a Mac OS problem.