LSMF Double Runway Issue - (I'm developer of the scenery)

Hi everyone, a customer has just sent me a photo and he said it happens when he uses Navigraph. I already flagged deleteALLrunways and other stuff but it still happens. Please help me :slight_smile:

Airport is LSMF Mollis and here is the photo. (disregard the red circle)

deleteallrunways

Hi,
this is normally a customer issue and not a scenery issue. Please tell him, he should contact us here in the forum that we can fix it … thank you!

Cheers,
Richard

1 Like

Hi @NAVData

There are two same airfield but with the different icao codes. Are you sure this is customer’s issue?

I think it is about different icao codes of the same airfield. If I report that to Zendesk I’m sure they won’t check it for next 20 years or something like that. Is it possible to arrange some kind of exclusion or something like that?

And It is happening on default version too. I think It would be awesome If Navigraph can arrange some exclusion files. :pleading_face:

Aha, you haven’t wrote this in your firsr posting …

Why do you use an outdated icao code and not LSZM? LSMF is outdated and is replaced by LSZM. You can’t overwrite an existing icao code with another one.

A Zendesk ticket to MSFS will not help here because the MSFS uses the correct icao code.

Change your icao code to LSZM and all is good.

Cheers
Richard

@NAVData MSFS Still uses old ICAO.

Ok, when you use the same icao code as in the stock MSFS, then its pretty sure a custom issue yes …

Cheers
Richard

So, there is nothing to do? Oh, that hurts. Now my customers should delete their navigraph everytime they wanted to fly Mollis. And It is happening to everyone who uses Navigraph so everbody should delete navigraph when they want to fly Mollis. I hope we can find any solution for this. :disappointed:

Please, he/she should add a posting here that we can check this. Your postings are a little bit confused and I’m not sure where and what the issue is.

You are the 3rd pary dev for LSMF. The MSFS uses alao LSMF. In your second posting you wrote something about two different icao codes???

Sorry, let us check it directly with your/our customer. He/she should add a post here, that you can follow it too.

Thank you
Richard

PS: no one need to de-install our data to use a correct 3rd party scenery, no one … Let us check it with your custoner

1 Like

Ok Richard. I’m discovering new things step by step and It might led a confusion. I will contact with them. But here is the thing. I am now using vanilla version of MSFS and only thing installed is navigraph. There is two diffirent airfields. One is LSZM and one is LSMF. LSMF is default MSFS one and LSZM is navigraph one. LSZM is overlapping LSMF.

This picture is from my computer and as you can see there are even different runway starts. If I go to Zendesk, they won’t reply. I wondered If you can do spesific exclusion for Mollis.

Thank you
Arda Güler

… but we can only exclude a real word icao code from us and thats due a wrong/outdated icao code in the sim? No sorry, thats not in our interest … Please report this to ASOBO/MS - this is their part and can only be fixed by them.

Cheers
Richard

1 Like

Ok, I found a solution. Created a new airport with the latest icao (LSZM) and selected it as closed airport. And also flagged every delete command. Now It works perfect for everyone who uses my scenery. It might be helpful for other scenery developers who reads this.

Sincerely
Arda Güler

1 Like

Good stuff Arda - thanks for sharing this really valuable information. Didn´t know that this works but that is really the best solution for all … much appreciated!

Happy flying,
Richard

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.