LRTR RWY 11 ILS Localizer offset

Hi guys,

does anyone have the same issue on this approach (plate 11-1)? Using MSFS, PMDG 736 and MLD Scenery I am always ending up far to the right of center line.

Hi,
and welcome at Navigraph :wink:

How much is “far” … but on the runway, right? I have checked our data with the AIP Romania and both are identically. But I´m not 100% sure, if the loc position is really 100% accurate because when I enter the coordinates I see a slightly offset on google maps. But again, I´m not sure, if this is really a good reference …

Here our data which we offer in the MSFS:
LOC position RW 11 (ITS): 45.80380556, 21.36183333

… and here the coordinates directly from the AIP:

No sure, if this is really what we have in our hands - but I also would confirm the slightly offset to the right from the centerline.

Sorry, but it looks more an AIP issue …
Cheers,
Richard

1 Like

Hi Richard,

my impression about the deviation is slightly worse than shown on your last last image. But that might be owed to the bumpy tailwind approaches someone is confronted with quite often when arriving from the west.

However, you are right. Midsize jets like B737/A320 still land with all their tires on the runway. What about B747/A380? Guess there is a pretty good chance for hitting the turf with right wing landing gear if letting things run their course.

Regards
Stephan

Yep, I guess so too … :slight_smile:

But honestly, I assume that such “offset” is not due a x-cross wind component - it´s simple a data issue in the AIP. When you compare the data with the SAT-images in google you see a slightly offset to the right:

Ok, possible that the google maps are not so accurate but it could be a first reference point that the coordinates which were provided by the AIP are not 100% aligned with the center-line. So, my personal assumption is simple a data issue coming from the AIP Romania. Sorry.

Cheers,
Richard

Hi

Anyway, from AIP data and Google Earth/Map images as shown and calculated by Richard, around 10 ft lateral deviation, that is for a 12236 ft distance between Rwy threshold 11 and localizer, an angular deviation of 0.047° !
Difficult to believe it could be significant as regards landing accuracy (Cat 2 approach)
Probably the cause is elsewhere

Regards

Hervé