KCRP Incorrect Landing Navaids All Runways

With and without Navigraph beta, what is supposed to be an ILS/DME 13 and LOC/DME 31 (sharing 110.30 and DME) is instead a LOC/DME 13/31. No ILS 13 glideslope. To complicate matters and perhaps the reason is because Asobo’s representation of KCRP is many years old taken during a temporary construction interval where runway 18/36 was closed (hence missing ILS/DME 36) and runway 13/31 was not yet lengthened.

Hi Dan,
thanks for that but I guess, you should report this to ASOBO/MS. I can confirm that 18/36 is missing in the default data, but we may not add/change runways to existing airports. Sorry for that.

I would report this to ASOBO/MS because this airport is outdated.

Cheers
Richard

Hello Richard. True. I submitted a report to Zendesk as well as to you. I think you should be interested in why your landing navaid for KCRP 13 is a LOC instead of the ILS that is in the ARINC data. I expected you to override the LOC/DME 13 that is in stock scenery with the correct ILS/DME 13.

Hi Dan,
we do exactly that but I´m not sure, if the sim override really all values, when a runway-ident was missing/changed. Here what we come from our data to the MSFS:

KCPR ILS/DME 13 - from us, which are included in the current AIRAC for MSFS:

There are so many unknowns/limitations/bugs in the sim, that we can´t really say why and how the sim overrule the data. Again, I guess, when a runway-ident is missing or changed, I guess that the stock data will be the winner (right or not right). Sorry …

Cheers,
Richard

Okay, you do exactly that. Good and thanks. I believe the issue is with the MSFS platform. Using ADE (Alpha 18 or 19) and ensuring that the DeleteNavaids and DeleteAirport properties are correctly set the result is nothing… no stock navaids and no user created navaids. Same with using the in-sim DEV mode. Thanks for the response, it’s been like hitting my head against the wall to do anything useful with the MSFS platform and it’s reassuring to see folks like yourself and Jon supporting the community.

1 Like

Dan, thank you very much for this kind words …
Take care and stay healthy
Richard

FYI or FWIW Richard, I found that using runway designator 13C/31C works around the MSFS bug and allows me to have an ILS at my home base. This also adds weight to this being a MSFS bug and not an issue with Navigraph or Scuffyduck’s ADE20. Hopefully my report to Zendesk gets a result, maybe in the next year LOL.

1 Like

… but I could add the C designator to each runway without, thats also be wrong but maybe faster - sarcasm off :rofl:

Thanks Dan the info
Richard

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.