Installation of data in X-plane

Good evening, everyone.

I will start by apologising if this is in the wrong part of the forum.

I recently installed and subscribed to both x- plane mobile and navigraph.

I have looked at the video for linking the chart data to the simulator but it does not appear to be working. Basically, is this operator error (more than likely) or a known issue with android based sim.

My steps i take are

1. In X-plane - Settings > Navigraph >Connect ro Navigraph

2. I then enter my login details for navigraph. I get a prompt to select the app to open it in, I select X-plane.

3. It then returns me to the settings page on X- plane without being changed. The button to update changes remains greyed out.

Basically, is doesn’t perform as desired. I have not been informed i need a desktop version as well but i am open to any actions now. It seems a waste of money as i can’t even get to a point where i can decide if it is a good investment or not.

If you need any more info, please let me know. Frustration is setting in. :tired_face:

Many thanks in advance.

Hi…,

Welcome.

I only have the iPad/iPhone to test. After entering your login details do you get something like the following prompt:

When you press Yes, Allow, you should be returned to the following page:

Pressing on Check for Latest Data should get you soemthing like:

If not, I would check your internet/wifi connection.

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply. I get to the first image, put my login details as required and allow access as required.

It simply returns back to the settings screen and i can’t update data. It’s almost as if it doesn’t recognise my login details. I have even changed the password on navigraph. I don’t have any VPNs running or anything else to possibly hinder it.

It’s a strange one.

Just to clarify versions…

Android … 13
X-PLANE …12.1.1
Charts … 8.30.0

Hi…,

There are a number of accounts with your name in the UK. Check you aren’t trying to login into a non subscribed account. Can you confirm access using your email and password on a PC or other device?

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

All checked and email is correct and other details for the account are also correct.

I won’t have access to a laptop for a couple of days so if anything needs to be done through that there will be a delay to proceedings but thank you for your assistance this far.

The process seems so simple but something isn’t happy!

Just a quick edit to say that everything seems to be working okay now. I can’t say that I have definitely done anything to make it work.

I tried tonight and the option to update the data was not greyed out. End result, data downloaded and restarted.

Huzzah!

Hi…,

Thank you for the update. Glad it appears resolved.

Happy flying

Ian

hi @Ian and all

same exact problem here. trying to install xplane mobile on android and run Charts at the same time.

I get up to the 1st prompt, and nothing happens afterwards. it asks me if I want to open app with Charts, Xplane. I have tried both. nothing happens.

at times, after clicking “yes allow”, I also get a blank website page or a choice between charts 8 or xplane. I choose latest, but when I get back to the xplane app, the update data is still greyed out as well.

thanks

problem solved. in essence, I needed to sign up on Google Play.

thanks

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.