In game charts no loading

Not sure where to place this topic.

Upgraded the in game panel to the latest one (8.4) and charts are just not loading.
Panel opens with the load screen but then I have the rotating load bar just keeps on spinning without the maps ever showing.

Tried removing and installing the panel, plug in’s and even the hub itself. Nothing works. (plug ins and navdata works fine otherwise)

All worked well before the update so I’m wondering if someone else have the same problem ??

Hello! Welcome to our forum.

Hmm, I am not able to reproduce this. The only case where you should end up in such a scenario is if the simulator is having trouble reaching our servers.

It could be temporary - are you still having this issue?

If you are, please follow these steps:

1. Open http://localhost:19999 in a browser while the simulator is up and running
  2. At the bottom of the list that appears, click the link containing the word Navigraph Charts
  3. In the interface that appears, select the “Console” tab located along the top of the screen
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the log and take a screenshot, then attach it to your next post. Please be mindful that the log will include lots of red errors that are completely irrelevant and expected from any panel (even built-in) at the beginning, so try to look for anomalies.

Let me know if you get stuck anywhere!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Hi, thank you kindly for the welcome.

Just to ake sure I’ve reinsatlled 8.3 from one of the downloads over here and it worked fine.

I’ve updated to 8.4 and the first screenshot shows the problem.

As requested the second screenshot shows the console. I think that shows the communication failure you mentioned

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thnak you for your help

Thank you for the screenshots!

This directly points to an issue with the MSFS SDK in your simulator. This is a file that is supposed to be the same for everyone installing the simulator, so my first suspicion would be that some other addon is overriding this file somehow.

Could you try removing all other addons and just running the panel?

Have you made any manual modifications to any simulator files?

Kind Regards,
Malte

Hi Malte,

Now I’m really puzzled.

I renamed my community folder and created a new one, then installed all Navigraph softeare using the Hub.

Started MSFS, all looked fine and the panel worked until I looked at the version number and saw this :

Despite the Hub registered version as 8.4, I’ve actually installed 8.32 (which was working perfectly before.

When bringing back all the add ons this version stop working.

For now, I downloaded 8.3 from the forum (which so far worked fine) and use that until the next troubleshoot round …

The last add ons that were installed (and working good) are FlyTampa’s LGKR and Digital Design’s LOWS, there was an update to FSS EMB17x/19x but that was all.

I’m not doing any manual modifications.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

That is completely expected! The panel is divided into two parts:

• The Simulator integration (export functionality, panel shortcuts etc.)
  • The Charts interface

The version you see in the Hub is for the first (simulator integration), while the version you see in the interface is for the Charts interface itself! You can also confirm the version of the panel in the MSFS Content Manager page, where it should report 8.4.

Sorry for any confusion this may cause!

I am happy to see that starting from a fresh folder solved the issue. That means that there is another addon that is causing issues! Let’s track it down.

The latest panel update (8.4) started using some things that are shipped with the simulator in order to support new features. That means that it is possible that you have had this issue for a longer period, and that the panel just wasn’t affected previously.

I would start adding back your modifications one by one (or at least only a few at a time) to see when it breaks. Pretty much any of the packages could be adding an override for this file, effectively keeping it from being updated by the simulator!

Kind Regards,
Malte

That’s a very tall order you have here considering I have more then 120 addons in my Community library.

Initial tests showing that Cockspur’s C510 (mustang) is a definite culprit. Adding and removing it will reproduce the problem. As best as I can remember it was never updated since initial release.

I will keep on testing the rest of my vast library and if I’ll find more addons which conflicts with the in game panel, I’ll list them here…

Best wishes,

E

Oh, is that right!? That’s quite the list you got there :slight_smile: I am sorry about the inconvenience, I’m sure we can come up with a more convenient solution!

That could be on the right track! Does it work if you just remove the Cockspur? Or is it still not working after removing that addon?

If it is still not working, let me know and I’ll find a more convenient way to debug this.

Kind Regards,
Malte