Dear Navigraph developers,
I’ve returned to your product after a brief subscription two years ago. I really liked the idea of having all the charts in one place, but due to my busy work schedule, I’ve had very little time to really use it. So I cancelled my subscription. Since then, things have changed and with the release of MSFS, I’ve decided to give Navigraph another try.
Unfortunately, I have to admit that I was quite disappointed. The desktop app is great, MSFS integration works flawlessly, but the most important part for me personally, the Android app, is mediocre at best. I’m a developer myself so I know how hard multiplatform development is. But I consider Navigraph as a mature product. It’s been around for a while so I would expect certain features or bugs to be ironed out.
Since I want to see Navigraph grow, I’ll use this forum to give you a couple of tips and ideas that would, in my opinion, greatly improve the Android version of Navigraph. Some are minor and could be fixed relatively easily and some would need a bigger UI change:
- App doesn’t remember your last location. It always starts in NYC. Please allow the app to remember your last location.
- The Android back button closes the app. Instead it should work like a back button inside the app - ie closing the chart window, closing charts, etc.
- App is poorly optimized for use in vertical mode. The issue is most noticable when opening the chart selection panel. This panel opens from right to left and uses 80% of the screen leaving only a tiny unusable preview of the chart. My suggestion would be to rearrange this panel in vertical mode so that it opens from the bottom and uses much less space. That way you could still have a usable chart preview.
- Changing charts for the same airport is not intuitive. You have to open the chart selection menu, select the chart category (because it always opens with the STAR category), select the chart and finally close the chart selection menu. That’s 4 clicks too many in my opinion. Instead, I would add the option to swipe left/right to change charts. This would be especially helpful for airports that have only a limited number of charts.
- Tapping the map should close or minimize the airport and/or chart selection panel. Much easier and more intuitive than closing individual windows.
- The Search Results window (opened when touching an area for 1 second or so) should close after selecting an item.
- The Flights and the Map Selection icons overlap on my Huawei P10 making it almost impossible to select the Flights menu. I don’t have this issue in the cloud/browser version.
- I’m missing a simple switch button between current chart and map view. I know you have the chart overlay option where you can display both at the same time, but I would mostly prefer a simple switch button.
I hope my suggestions will help with future development. It would be great to hear your feedback on the individual items I’ve listed - whether it’s planned or not and why.
Thank you and keep up the good work!