Holding Patterns Carenado Pro Line

Hello,
May I please ask why some holding patterns are complete and others are not, I’ll attach some pictures. I use the Carenado Proline in the Hawker, and some holds are complete at some airports, while others either have a weird pattern drawn, or no hold pattern at all? Is it Carenado or the navdata? The first image is a hold in CYVR, it’s perfect, and I wish all the holds were like this. The second is a hold in CYYJ, it’s drawn with concave loops, which the aircraft tries to follow, and the pattern is the flip of what it is on the chart, it shows on the autopilot as left hand turns, but the chart it’s right hand turns. The last one KFAY, has no pattern drawn at all, and the aircraft just circles in a circle, you have to manually do your hold patttern, but it is drawn in the chart. Just asking, please, it’s got me confused. The CYVR hold is how I wish they all were. Thanks for any help or explanation, appreciate it. I know the Carenado Proline sucks, at best, and I don’t mind manually flying the entry, just wish the racetrack was there, like the CYVR hold.
CYVR Hold
CYYJ Hold
KFAY Hold

Hi,
sorry I have no knowledge about the Carenado Pro Line and also which database this addon uses. But in general, the data provides the holdings with a fix, a inbound leg course and a leg time/distance - that´s it. Therefore the addons must be handle these values correctly, when not it´s possible to get such results.

But again, I don´t know anything about this addon and therefore it´s hard to say, where the issue lies. Possible you ask Carenado, why some holdings are correct and some not …

Cheers,
Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your help, so it obviously reads some correctly, and other it does not.
It’s a pretty poor version of the Pro Line, which is too bad, as it is very nice to use in real life. Okay, one thing I do know, don’t ask Carenado anything, poorest customer service on earth, which is why I only every bought one of their products!
Thanks again, I just wondered if it was something in the data or if I hadn’t done something right. Appreciate your assistance.
Thank you.

Hello,
Okay, I’ve gone to Carenado with this problem, the aircraft I’m using, the Hawker 850 XP. Carenado says their aircraft read from your nav data, not the sim, so they are telling me the errors are in Navigraph?? As I showed in the screen shots, some holds are read correctly, most are not, and many are missing. I don’t know if you folks have any Carenado aircraft to test this out on, I have this same problem on my other two Carenado aircraft, the C90Gtx, and the Falcon 50 EX. The flight planning and STARS and SID’s work perfectly, I just get strange missed approach patterns?? Thanks again for any insight.

Hi,
very easy answer from Carenado. A holding pattern has fixed defined values, so we have no influence about the drawing but anyway. To compare a working one with a none working one in the database, I need more information as the airport:

I also need the approach please.

I’m pretty sure, that the records are correct, but let us check it … I will show you the results directly from the database.

Cheers
Richard

Ok, here are your examples directly from the files, what we provide:

missed approach CYVR RNAV 26R:

Here our coded line to this holding:
HM,DUTNO,49.292181,-123.556028,1, ,0.0,0.0,292.0,04.3,0,0,0,1,200,0,0,0,0

HM = hold at a fix to a manual termination
DUTNO = waypoint + the coordinates
1 = left turn
292.0 = inbound course
4.3 = distance in nautical miles (standard holding)
1 = speed restriction for all aircrafts
200 = speed 200 kts max

missed approach CYYJ ILS 09:

HM,AP,48.873875,-123.290003,2, ,0.0,0.0,348.0,04.3,0,0,0,1,265,0,0,0,0

AP = waypoint + the coordinates
2 = right turn
348.0 = inbound course
1 = speed restriction for all aircrafts
265 = speed 265 kts max

missed approach KFAY ILS 04:

HM,GANDS,34.838142,-78.639811,2, ,0.0,0.0,311.0,04.3,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

GANDS = waypoint + the coordinates
2 = right turn
311.0 = inbound course

You see in all three examples, exactly the same structure, exactly the same leg-path type only with other values. So all three holdings are defined EXACTLY! in the same way as you see. So, all three holding examples will be interpreted differ from this addon. That´s not in our hand sorry. What we do is, to offer the data in a more or less standardized format (in this case in a plain-text format as you see) and in all these example, you see this standard.

Sorry, but I can´t identify any navdata issue here - you can forward this analyzes to Carenado if you want, but I´m pretty sure, that you also see now, that this is more an addon issue than a navdata issue.

Cheers,
Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your help, I was looking in those files too, and as you and I both know, it’s not Navigraph, it’s something in the airplane, but it’ll never get fixed, what beats me is why it works sometimes, but not always? Thanks again for your assistance, I really appreciate it.

Have a great weekend.