Historical Weather

I wish it had historical weather so that when xenviro s historical weather is used then they should match each other. However, Xenviro is not accurate either.

Hello! Thank you for opening this topic.

Unfortunately, I have bad news.

We are not likely to ever support historical weather. The amount of data involved in rendering and presenting weather to our users is huge, as are the required processing power requirements. We cannot feasibly maintain historical weather sources as long as Navigraph is a flight planning service and not a weather injector like XEnviro or Active Sky.

As far as I know, the reason XEnviro could be inaccurate is that it uses METAR data to interpolate and create local weather based on algorithms. Our weather data is based on the real world, processed by huge models on NASA supercomputers for public use in things like weather forecasts on news channels etc… The two are simply not comparable, unfortunately.

Apologies for the inconvenience! Perhaps things look different in a few years from now, but we are not going to consider this request at the moment.

Kind Regards,
Malte