Help please- Proper use with Pilot2ATC

I have for a long time used these two products together, but I find I have to delete the SIDs and STARs before I feed it into P2ATC or I end up with double waypoints and a general mess. My workflow looks like this:
1- Generate a plan in Simbrief (by Navigraph) :wink:
2- Import that plan into Navigraph
3- Delete the SIDs and STARs, and export the plan to a file.
4- Re-import that plan so that my Navigraph plane includes them.
5- Import the SID and STAR free version of the plan into P2A, and use it normally from there.

By doing it that way, I avoid all the double waypoints, but then P2A just completely takes over both SID and STAR selection, as well as the requested runway, and I find that more often than not, it’s not at all what was in my original plan.

I figure there has to be a better way, and that I’m just doing it the “dumb way” without knowing any better.

Can anyone help me out with this conundrum?

Kev

Hi,

Unfortunately I’ve never used Pilot2ATC, so I can’t really help from that side of things. I think they have a support forum in the Avsim forums, maybe try asking this question over there? A few SimBrief users are probably on there and might be able to share how they do it.

The only thing I can add is that SimBrief also has a way to directly export a .pln (I think that’s what Pilot2ATC uses?) without the SID/STAR, you can find it in the list under “FSX/P3D (No SID/STAR)”. Not sure if this is helpful or not, maybe it can save you a step and speed up your process slightly since you wouldn’t need to import into Navigraph, modify, export, then re-import.

You could also use the SimBrief Downloader program to automatically export the “FSX/P3D (No SID/STAR)” format to the Pilot2ATC plans folder (if such a thing exists) to save having to manually download it.

Best regards,

If somebody else need it here is how I use it and worked:
I used both SimBrief and Pilot2ATC (2020 v. 2.6.2.3_x64_R2) together under MSFS. I am using SimBrief Downloader (link mentioned above) as save in FS2020 format.

1. Inside Pilot2ATC use IMPORT button that is load (the FS2020 format .pln file) also SID and STAR waypoints into but like simple flight plan normal waypoints. But little tricky BELOW SID and APPR buttons just runway names visible and below STAR show “- - - -” sign. I recheck the entire plan in Navigraph Chart that is could be happen I need to modify those manually. But let see how to correct with keep the SimBrief SID and STAR.
    How visible after import but not corrected:

2. Click on SID button and inside the small popup menu open SID drop down button select the SimBrief offered SID (DUZL2B in my case) and push LOAD button.
    Each waypoint name changed and show now the SID name and also below the SID button the SID name visible.
    The popup window:

after LOAD completed:

3. DONT CLICK on STAR button!!! That could cause duplicated STAR entries
    Before corrected the MOPU3B STAR:

but STAR waypoints here as normal flight plan waypoints.

4. Instead just click APPR and select runway Transition from the popup (example I added Trasition SUVOK here):

Here is my final results:

As alternate you can delete manually each SID and STAR waypoints from the top list and click on SID, STAR and APPR buttons individually.
That is a Pilot2ATC fault not related to SimBrief.

Have good day.