GPS coordinates

Is there a way to put GPS coordinates when planning a mission to use for search and rescue task in Neofly.

Hello, welcome to our forum!

Yes, there is a way! Please see this post for more details:

Kind Regards,
Malte

I put that in in the waypoint area and it didn’t work. Where I clicked on the map and put in the coordinates that I wanted it just put it where I clicked. I wanted to insert a waypoint with out having to find it on the map. Like little navmap. There is a place that I can just put ion the coordinates and it goes to it on the map and I insert it in the flight plan. Little Navmap seems easier in planning flights. I don’t see how to do this like you say. I was at KSCH and had a rescue at 42.94, -73.71. I don’t understand what all the ```
TKPN DCT TKPK DCT 172412N0624718W DCT TNCE DCT TNCS DCT TNCM DCT 180044N0630216W DCT TFFJ means TKPK and TKPK must be Airports, DCT unknown.
Go to KSCH and goto 42.94, -73.71 and back to KSCH.

Hi…,

You can copy and paste a created waypoint into the editable flight plan line.

Please see Charts 8 - manual editing of the flight plan line and
Place a waypoint at specific latitude & longitude? - #9 by skysail

Cheers
Ian

Apologies, I should have clarified how you can use the text I quoted.

The only way to specify custom coordinates without clicking on the map is by pressing this button:

This will enter the “manual editing” mode. From here, you can specify coordinates in the format shown in the text I quoted. In your case, it would look something like this I assume:

KSCH DCT 429400N0737100W DCT KSCH

Typing that route and pressing “Done” results in the following flightplan:

Is that what you were looking for?

Kind Regards,
Malte

That seems to work. What does DCT mean

Thanks.

It means ”direct to” - used instead of an airway value for example. In many cases, it can be left out!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.