FP Cruise Level

Are there any plans to have the Cruise Level in the flight plan use the final cruise from the route (Including step climbs)?

There are a large number of pilots who are unaware that they have step climbs and then don’t fly them.

Controllers are having to constantly update FPs because the FP is showing the wrong cruise?

Regards

@StephenCal why should Simbrief do that?
Even in real-life we are calculating and filing the initial flightlevel. Stepclimbs are shown in the OFP route.

I think your point is a lack of understanding of aviation basics which is a growing problem on VATSIM.

1 Like

There’s a misunderstanding here… This isn’t planned step climbs I’m talking about… These are unnecessary step climbs generated by sim brief that pilots themselves aren’t even aware of

I was unaware that Simbrief would generate any other step climbs than the planned ones. Where do you see them, because I haven only seen planned step climbs on the OFP.

Can you provide examples of some unnecessary step climbs SimBrief is planning? Perhaps there is a bug we can look into.

Best regards,