FMS does not recognise my subscription

I cancelled my FMS subscription about a year ago and recently decided to renew, but with a new account. The FMS program starts fine, but I cannot load the current Cycle because FMS tells me I have no subscription. This problem only occurs with FMS, not with Charts since I did not have a chart subscription in the past. Apparently my old account is in the way. Of course I searched your forum for a solution and removed the old account and any other files mentioned. Reinstalled FMS several times after first removing it. But the problem is still there, when I try load the FMS cycle it keeps telling me I have no access. I am mainly interested in FMS and not so much in Charts. I am runnign around in circles ever since I subscribed on March 23. I never had problems with FMS in the past which I used for years.
So if this problem cannot be solved I have to cancel my subscription again. I use Win10 x64 latest version, MSFS latest version.
Please advice

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.