FMS DATA MANAGER v1.8.14.0130 Does not close properly + Backup delete question

As the title says, the app doesn’t fully shut down when you close it and will open an additional instance in the background every time it’s started again. Same problem I myself reported in v1.8.12.0705.

Side question, can we safely delete the contents of the backup folder? I’ve made a collection of cycles since 2018 and it’s eating up 9GB on my disk.

Hi,
I have tried it now, but can’t reproduce it. The application shuts down correctly and I don’t have any shadow copy in the memory. The topic in your reference posting was an updated QT version, which wasn’t compatible and therefore we had revert back to the old QT version a few days later in an newer version.

In this update v1.8.0130, we hadn’t updates any core libraries, we have only adapt the detection for XP12.

I can’t really reproduce it. When I close the app, the app shuts down correctly - only the agent is open and stay open but thats a normal behaviour.

To you secons question:
Yes, you can delete all backup files manually - thats no problem for the core program.

Cheers
Richard

What do you recommend then? I just updated by downloading the installer because the in-app option didn’t work.

Hi again,
yep, in this case I would recommend to use the manual installer, or you close the task manually after using it (it´s only once per month). We are currently starting of an new project which should replaced the FMS Data Manager in the future - the plan is, to bring all in the Navigraph Hub - so that we have only one tool, independent which sim you´re using.

We have done the first dev iterations to start this new project.

Cheers,
Richard

PS: but we will try to look into it, possible we found a fast solution in the next time

Fair enough, looking forward to the unified version!

… but we try to check, if there is a possibility to shutdown the task in any other way. We will see, if we find a way and if this is a “easy” fix for such situations - sorry for that & thanks!

Cheers,
Richard

I have seen that after the update today after you close FMS Data manager and it appears to be shutdown if you look in windows 11 task manager it is still running and in fact starts to consume a lot of cpu. so there is a defect it is not closing down properly

I have to kill it in task manager.

I was wondering why my cpu fans where kicking in with nothing obviously running and this was the culprit. The problem is reproducable every time, not a one off . including from a clean reboot.

so run FMS data manager
exit it
go into task manager and watch sort by cpu descending
windows 11 as I mention

Can I have the older version back!

Hi,
I have merged your posting with an existing one. We are still working on a solution.

Cheers
Richard