Flightplans not loading after screen size changes

I came across a couple of situations where the current flightplan first gets lost and subsequently cannot be loaded any more until a hard restart of the app.

I issued these in the Google Play Store and was asked to post it here. I will describe the scenarios individually down below:

1.) App enters background
After the app is being sent to the background the current flightplan is no longer visible after the app has been brought to the foreground again. Furthermore it can only be loaded from the list of flights after the unloaded button has been pressed once.

Steps to reproduce:

• Open the app and import a flightplan from simbrief
  • Sent the app to the background
  • Bring the app back to the foreground

Notice: Sometimes the list of flights is not loading at all and the app needs to be shut down as it does in the following two other examples. However I was unable to reproduce it now.

See this screen capture for details:

2.) Change of screen orientation
Upon changing the screen orientation (e.g. from landscape to portrait) the current flighplan is being unloaded and the list of flights does not load anymore until the app has been restarted.

Steps to reproduce:

• Change device orientation
  • Open the flights list

3.) Usage in split screen
When the app is being used in split screen the current flighplan is being unloaded and the list of flights does not load anymore until the app has been restarted.

Steps to reproduce:

• Start a split screen (e.g. with Google Chrome)
  • Open the flights list

The used is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE (SM-T733) running Andnroid 12 with One UI 4.1.
But I also experienced 1.) and 2.) with my older Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 running Android 11.

Hi…,

Welcome

If you remove and reinstall the latest Charts Android, are the problems the same.

Can you access https://charts.navigraph.com/ from a browser ? Do the issues still exist?

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

thank you for the fast answer. Reinstalling the app unfortunately did not solve the issue.
However the web version does not have these issues.

Kind regards,
Thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

Please use the web version. We are currently developing a new Charts version which should address the issue.

Cheers
Ian