Flight duration before generate OFP

It would be nice if it was possible to see the duration of the flight you are planning before it is generated the ofp

You already can, using either “Calculate & Compare” or “Briefing Preview”.

Regards,

Tim

1 Like

Hi

I mean it could appears automatically when the airports and aircraft are selected

For some aircraft types, depending on the cruise altitude and how long the route is, there could be more than an hour difference between the fastest and slowest cruise speed/cost index.

That being said, Simbrief already does a quick estimate of the block time and fills the “sched block time” under “optional entries”. That’s air time + taxi out + taxi in.

Regards,

Tim

Hi Tim

I know the optional entries , but as you said , they reflect taxi in , cruise , taxi out

What I would like to see immediately when I put the departure airport and arrival airport is the estimate duration of the flight .

Just the flight , like a commercial idea

This is exactly what the scheduled time enroute field provides. I don’t really see a need to duplicate this info elsewhere.

The scheduled time enroute is calculated based on average winds and the average cruising speed of the selected aircraft. It does include taxi times, but you can just subtract 30 minutes from it to get the estimated air time.

More precise time enroute, based on actual/forecast winds at time of departure, is exactly what SimBrief is calculating when you click “Generate”. It depends on many things, including chosen cruising speed, aircraft weight, cruising altitude, etc., so it naturally isn’t available until you generate the flight. But as @Rodeo314 noted, you can use the “Calculate and Compare” or “Briefing Preview” buttons to run a quick calculation before generating the final flight plan.

Best regards,

1 Like