Custom IFPs

I wanted to see if it was possible to make custom instrument approaches (that don’t exist IRL) in MSFS Navigraph navdata. Similar to special, privately maintained IFPs in the real world, it would be great to be able to develop them and fly them in the sim. I’ve done it with the PMDG because they’re text files, but the main MSFS navdata seems to be scrambled/encrypted in some way and I’m unable to add to it.

Is this something that is currently supported? If not, I think it should be something tokconsider.

yes i agree…im trying to do this exact thing right now

Hi guys,
first of all, thanks for this proposal and the idea. When I don´t understand you wrong, you mean you would create your own procedures which you will be used only yourself, right?

This is still possible, you don´t need us … download and install the SDK and look at the bglcomp.xsd schema file. In this file, you will find all necessary information, what you need to create an xml-file which includes your own procedures. After that pack it into a project file and compile it via the fspackagetool.exe (also include in the SDK).

Again, that has nothing todo with us - everyone can do this by your own :wink:

Hope that helps,
Richard

yes that helps, however I don’t have the slightest clue on what I am reading or doing. Is there any guidance on this anywhere?

I guess no … but here are a few links to this topic (it´s from P3D but it´s nearly the similar structure because ASOBO/MS still uses this old bgl-format):

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv5/sdk/world/scenery/scenery_overview.html#Facility%20Data

… and here from the MSFS Avionics Framework, possible that can also answer a few questions:

All in all, the learning curve is very steep and you need a lot of time for testing (it´s a kind of “try and error”, sorry).

Cheers,
Richard

thank you for the help

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.