CON.dat error on 2111

Error to make the download of cycle 2111.

A little bit more info would more help. With rhis one sentence we canā€™t help because we donā€™t know where we should look. Sorry.

Cheers
Richard

Itā€™s the same for me.

While unpacking zip file message appears: "Error, c:\X-Plane 11\Custom Data\CIFP\CON.dat (probable cause: disk full). "
But disk is not full.

Hi,
I have now tried to download the X-Plane 11 file:

Download works as expected. The file was stored in my download folder. I have the CRC/MD5 hash values, no issue, no difference. Double click on the file, and unzip it in a own folder. No problems here.
The file is complete and correct uploaded as I see, sorry.

Possible you have any connection issue, Virus or Defender protection issue but the file is good and you can unzip it without any problems.

Cheers,
Richard

After cancelling the error message, the file is unpacking normally. Iā€™ll try to start X-Plane and Iā€™ll see what happens.

Marcin

Ok, but that means, something ā€œblocksā€ this file ā€¦ again, check your Virus-protection/Defender protection or similar else. Try to disable it - download the file again and unzip the file to check if itĀ“s ok now.

Cheers,
Richard

Now I have used 7-zip to unpack and there is no error. Problem is resolved.

Marcin

1 Like

Thanks Marcin for the feedback ā€¦ :ok_hand:
Cheers,
Richard

I have a problem with this particular file too while trying to extract the XP11 zip file:

interuptedaction

All the other 14,000+ files are fine and Iā€™ve never encountered this with previous XP11 nav data. At the moment Iā€™ve simply clicked ā€˜skipā€™ to get around it and left it out.

The problem is that CON is a reserved word in Windows Filesystems.
You cannot create CON.dat in Windows manually even.

1 Like

Wow @bjorneven thank you very much for this great input ā€¦

It exists an airport with this code but this airport has no runway coordinates, so useless also in XP11 - I will try to remove this code in the next cycle. Thank you very, very much for this helpful information ā€¦ didnĀ“t know that because our parser can create the file without any issue.

Thanks,
Richard

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.