Are there a way to Favorite / Pin and or Bookmark flightplan including pinned charts?

Hi Experts and Navigraph,

May I suggest a new functionality or maybe I have not discovered how to kind of favorite / bookmark “Flight plan” including “sid / star” charts.

Let me start to explain the way I use the the great/ fantastic Navigraph chart portal :blush:. When it closes onto the time when I want to do a IFR flight I start do the planning based on inspiration from airports where there may be some kind of nice / complex (VOR/NDB) approach (SID / STAR Missed Approach’s ++), start with creating the waypoint and find SID / STAR and ”missed approach” charts in Navigraph and pick the charts i need for the flight. After done with flight, I do a debrief and sometimes it seems to be a really great IFR flight using the SID & STAR chart and think it would really great if there is a way to bookmark and / or “favorite / pin” the hole “Flight plan” including “ waypoint / route and all my pinned chart (SID / STAR).
• Know there is a way to pin /mark favorite airports and that is really great, but hope / wish I could “mark” Save and pin/fav the hole flight plan including my “pinned” charts, so next time I lets say after 3 month I can just go back and find that great flight plan with the pinned chart re-fly it :blush:.

Final suggest / feedback:
May not discovered or find the way to do this in current version (sorry!) if yes please advice how to do this :blush:?

Apriciated any feedback please

Brgds
Soren

Hi Soren,

I believe you can do what you are seeking with a saved pinboard (for charts) and a saved flight (for flight plan)

Please see FAQ - Charts 8 Pinned Charts.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks Ian, not sure if its my browsers(tried diff one same issue), but yes agree it looks like what I think and would like :-)…but I see that when doing it this way I get back all pinned charts but my flight-plan seems to be missing… May it be on my site(?) or something I may need to “enable” in some settings menu maybe?

Brgds
Soren

Hi Soren,

Please try:

• Create your special flight plan
  • Turn off Synch with Current Flight
  • Create and Save as pinboard which has the charts needed for this flight,
  • At a future time, Unload flight plan
  • Load the special flight you previously created
  • Load the pinboard you created to match this flight

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

Yes, this is exactly how I do it, but maybe I have not explained clear enough, let me try to rephrase:

When I load the pinboarded flight yes, all pinned charts are back :blush: but my flight or ROUTE on the map is gone or not displayed (at least not in my browser) meaning I don’t see my route on the maps with all my waypoints. Hope you understand what I mean :blush:?

But maybe there is a setting somewhere I may have missed or not found yet(?).

Brgds
Soren

Hi Soren

When you load the flight, you get the map showing route with waypoints?

Quite separately you load the pinboard. This should have no effect on the display of your route with waypoints ?

The two steps are separate.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks again, Yes if I load the flightplan from …not sure what you call the Icon but the “blue Airplane” on left corner yes then my charts(pin) and my route with waypoints are showed on the map all good :slight_smile: and nice.

But if I save the “fligthplan” with pinned chart and save it in the “pinboard” and then later want to reload it from the pinboard menu → I get all pinned chart yes, … but my map is empty meaning the route / waypoints are not displayed on the map… if I understand you correct they should have been on the maps as well or?

My understanding of the pinboard was that it’s only for pinned charts, If so, then perhaps it is more natural to have a sort of “bookmark & or favorite” under the blue plane(flight) or maybe there are a way to bookmark the hole flight here that I have not discovered / found yet :slight_smile: ?

Brgds
Soren

Soren,

The pinboard is automatically stored with your flight (airplane icon in the left bar). You only need to do the Save as… operation for the pinbord if you want to make it available outside of the flight.

If you press Unload in the top left corner of your flight, you will see a complete list of all your flights. If you load the same flight as you just unloaded, it will also show the pinboard for that flight, just as you left it.

The pinboards section in the app (pin icon in the left bar) is only for loading pinboards without using a flight.

Regards,

Stephen

A bit of a side track here, if you don’t mind.

What exactly is the purpose of the pinboard, if the charts are not associated with a flight?

Many thanks.

In v7 you could only have a pinboard associated with a flight, and we got tons of requests for being able to pin charts without a flight. A possible use case is controllers who want to have charts of multiple airports available, and they are not technically in a flight.

Regards,

Stephen

Hi,

Ah, I see :-), but then it could / would be nice if there was an option to either filter->seach my flightplans so that I could easily find them by a “tag-name” or prefix (would save them with a prefix like “fav” :slight_smile: ).

It would make it easier to find old flight plans with all charts(pinned) and route with waypoints used.

Brgds
Soren