Apparent conflict between X-Plane data and Navigraph Data

Hi, I have downloaded the AIRAC 2109 via the FMS Data Manager into X-Plane 11.55r2. I verified that the download was correct in the custom data folder. I started to enter a flight plan from KRDG to KFFX. I entered the origin and destination airfields into the GNS530 with no problem. Then I selected PROC and SELECT APPROACH. I immediately got an error message, “Procedures could not be loaded. Missing waypoint RW01.” On the GNS530 it showed NONE under approaches. So I decided to start a new flight at KFFX on RW01. There was no problem and my aircraft appeared as expected on RW01. So I started another flight back at KRDG and again went to program the flight plan and again got the same error.

Out of curiosity I checked the Navigraph CIFS file for KFFX and compared to the default X-Plane CIFS and noticed that at the bottom the runways were completely different. Navigraph had RW’s 01, 10, 19, 28 while the default data had RW’s 09, 18, 27, 36.

I am confused as to why I get an error saying RW01 for KFFX does not exist, while when I set up a flight at KFFX on that same runway there is no problem. To add to the confusion is the erroneous default data.

Hoping you can offer me some assistance.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Welcome

As far as I can see Navigraph and X-Plane have the same runways at KFFX 01,10,10, 28 ?

Maybe you have addon scenery confusing things?

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for replying. I am not sure what you and I are doing differently or what differs between our configurations. So I updated X-Plane and allowed it to install all of the files it likes. Prior to updating I renamed my custom scenery, custom data, output folders, and plugin folders so that X-Plane installed the clean version of these folders. So at this point I am using all X-Plane default data.

Then I start X-Plane set up a new flight at KFFX. I load KFFX in the FMS as origen, then press ARR/DEP. What I get is the following.

KFFX DEPART Navigraph removed

Then I installed my Navigraph data in the Custom Data folder following the same procedure I get the following.

KFFX new install with Navigraph

KFFX Departures Xplane error

Does this help you at all? How are you getting something that I am not? What could be different between your install and mine? Could it be the aircraft? What aircraft are you using? I believe they all use the same FMS don’t they?

Regards
Chris

On further investigation in the default B737-800, when I choose DEP from KFFX I get:

As shown, this indicates an X-Plane scenery issue which you should report to the X-Plane Scenery Gateway. I too get the same resulting error as you

Cheers
Ian

I attempted to report on the X-Plane Scenery Gateway. I had to register in order to get access to reporting an issue. I successfully registered and then logged in. After filling out all of the information to report a runway issue and clicking on “Report Issue” I got the message “You are not authorized to perform this operation”. Do you happen to know how I can get authorized to report an issue?

Hi Chris,

I think you can log a report without logging in. If you search on KFFX you will find several reports from “unknown users” about missing runways at KFFZ: [Bug reports | X-Plane Scenery Gateway ]
(Bug reports | X-Plane Scenery Gateway)

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

Not sure how to report without logging in. If I don’t log in all the buttons for reporting a problem disappear. I did see somewhere that it takes a few days before you become “authorized” to report. Not sure why, but I guess they have their reasons. Anyways I’ll just check back in a few days and see it I am “authorized.”

Regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Looks like Jan Vogel may have addressed the issue with a new scenery:

https://gateway.x-plane.com/airports/KFFX/show

Cheers
Ian

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.