Aircraft Request: 737-700/800 BCF

With the release of the PMDG 737 BCF’s I was trying to create a custom profile within Simbrief for these planes but simply cannot due to Simbrief using passenger weight as it thinks it is still a passenger aircraft. I would like to see the BCF’s on Simbrief as a separate freighter aircraft and not a passenger aircraft.

Thanks!

Hi, you should be able to create a custom profile. Just set the passenger capacity to “0”. Then, when you select this airframe, you’ll notice it sets the cargo option to “AUTO” and it will load cargo/payload as appropriate for a freighter when you generate the OFP.

Best regards,

About the PMDG 737-800 BCF version, is this the same (as characteristics) as the BDSF? In other words, if i create a BCF variant from the ‘standard’ 737-800 is this valid for BCF and BDSF variant?

For 737-700 BDSF converted freighter - I assumed using the same logic for pax and baggage weights, but with zero got the error "one or more options were invalid or missing: passenger weight.

I suppose the pax can be considered the crew instead so max of three. It’s not a huge amount of weight but what are your thoughts on these two value options: 1.pax and 2.baggage weight for freighter conversions? Thanks.

Hi @C141BFE , passenger weight should be non-zero. Instead, if you want no passengers, I would set the “Max Passengers” option to 0 instead.

Best regards,

Hi @PachaPacho , I’m not familiar enough with the BCF vs BDSF variants. But it’s quite possible that they have almost identical characteristics for SimBrief purposes.

You can probably get a more definitive answer in the PMDG forums I suspect.

Best regards,