Hi. I found that wrong STAR transitions are being exported from Charts to XP11/12. I have seen this problem in other routes I planned, but I am sending one specific example: in the following screen capture you can see a KSMF->KSAN route which ends in the LAX VOR and then uses the COMIX2 STAR with LAX as transition waypoint.
Charts draws the STAR from LAX, as it should. However, when I export the flight plan to XP11/12, this is the result:
KSMFKSAN2.fms (494 Bytes)
As you can see, the exported STARTRANS is HUULK instead of LAX. Logically, when loading this FP in the FMS, a jump from LAX to HUULK is created and then it follows the STAR from there.
This problem doesn’t seem to happen when exporting the same route to MSFS2020. As you can see in this exported FP, the COMIX2 STAR begins in line 84 with the LAX waypoint (as it should).
KSMFKSAN.fpl.xml (8.9 KB)
As I mentioned above, I encountered a similar bug (wrong STAR TRANS exported) in other routes I planned, so this is not a problem specific to the COMIX2 STAR.
Another example of the same problem, this time with a route KSAN->KPHX:
The STAR transition is HOGGZ, but in the FP exported for XP11/XP12, the STARTRANS is BLH:
KSANKPHX.fms (395 Bytes)
I have just found out that this problem affects to SID transitions as well.
I created this flight plan from KPHX to KDFW:
As you can see, it uses the BALDY3 SID with CNX as transition waypoint. Also, it uses the UKW6 STAR with TXO transition. However, after exporting this FP for XP11/XP12, the file generated specifies “SIDTRANS MAXXO” and “STARTRANS IRW”. Both transitions are wrong.
KPHXKDFW.fms (327 Bytes)
More than a week after I posted this issue, Navigraph has paid no attention to it (apparently), despite including a detailed report and several examples…
I am not demanding a quick resolution at all; however, I would appreciate some sign of awareness of this issue.
I can reproduce the issue.
Thank you. I was feeling some loneliness after reporting that problem.
However, I am still baffled at the silence of the Navigraph tech support staff…
I have just updated Charts Desktop to 8.17.0 and the issue persists.
Sorry for the non-response. Last week almost the entire team was off for holidays and we did not have full capacity to monitor forum feedback. We are picking up speed now, as you may have also seen with the 8.17 release today.
Your report has been added to our issue tracker and we will investigate.
@jmalcaide this seems fixed for me here; for you as well?
Nope. I have just created a flight plan from KSAN to KPHX, using the HYDDR1 STAR with transition at HOGGZ, and the file exported for XP11/XP12 contains the line “STARTRANS BLH” instead of “STARTRANS HOGGZ”. I have all Navigraph tools and data updated to their latest versions.
Indeed; I guess I must have re-tested too quickly.
Oh well, bump
This is fixed but not yet deployed. It will be deployed with the next update of our backend systems.
Please export it again now. We just issued an update to our backend systems.
This is the file I get for your routing now:
KSANKPHX-new.fms (315 Bytes)
It seems to work right now. I also tested other routes that previously were exported with wrong SID and STAR transitions, and they are correct now, too.
Thanks very much for your support!
This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.