Why Charts blanks out everything already displayed when loss of internet for just a few seconds?

Why does Navigraph need to blank out the screen and display message about requiring active internet, when there is a few seconds (eg. 10 seconds) of lost internet connection ?

Of course I understand it needs internet, but why prohibit viewing everything ALREADY downloaded and being displayed ?

Then to rub salt into the wounds, often when it comes back shortly later, the flight plan may be lost, unloaded, or reverted to previous flight plan, and always the pinned charts are all gone !

Hi…,

Welcome.

Navigraph Charts is an online service requiring constant connection to our servers. You will find unpredictable behaviour if the connection is lost whether for 10 seconds or other interval.

Cheers
Ian

Thanks Ian. I understand that it is an online service. But you haven’t answered my question of why it is necessary to blank out what is already displayed.

Hi…,

This is how it was written. The first screen is where logon details are entered if not membered.

Cheers
Ian