Uncontrolled Airfield (KVPC) Now Has A Tower?

Hi I fly into and out of this airport quite a bit. I’ve been searching for this topic but I can’t find anything related to my issue. KVPC is an uncontrolled airfield outside Atlanta. There is no control tower. The Navigraph data assigns the tower to the flight service station (FSS) frequency of 121.725. You also have to use this frequency to request permission to taxi and takeoff (There is no tower so you would not do this). Lastly, the Unicom frequency 123.05 which is used for local traffic calls is not available. The FSS did not work with the default navdata (instead it used ATL departure 121.0 to assign clearances with applicable void times). However, the unicom did work (eg “Cartersvillle traffic airplane X taking off runway 19 [for immediate departure] to the East.” Can you guys remove the tower and ground requests, add FSS as it should be (one radio call to get clearance) and finally impliment the Unicom for local traffic communication?

1 Like

Hi,
thanks for your report - I can confirm that and we will fix this with the next upcoming AIRAC release in the next week. Thanks again for this detailed report. Much appreciated …
Cheers,
Richard

2 Likes

That’s great news. Thank you for jumping on it so quickly!

Hi Richard,

I found another airport in the state of Georgia that also has the wrong UNICOM frequency. KSSI should have 123.05 also but it has 130.65 The weird thing is in the world menu under KSSI’s frequency tab both 123.05 and 130.65 are listed. But only 130.65 can be used. I have no idea where 130.65 is coming from. Can you look into it also? Thanks again!

Oh 130.65 does act as the Local Traffic freq not a tower at least LOL

Hi,
130.65 is also available as a UNICOM frequency for the FBO service. Why only this frequency can be used, I don´t know … but it could be another limitation in the sim, I don´t know. But 130.65 is an existing frequency for the FBO service at KSSI.

Cheers,
Richard

Ahhh no wonder I couldn’t find it on the charts. Is there anyway we can just remove that frequency and use the 123.05. If not no big deal. Thank you for all you do!

Hm, I have looked on it. Both are flagged as Unicom frequencies, without any difference - so I don´t know which I should take or which one is the right one. What I can do is, to use the every time the first one so that you have only one Unicom frequency per airport. On the other hand, that could mean that the first one is also the wrong one and we begin at zero :slight_smile:

So, let me check this to look for more details in the records, possible I find a way … I will add this request in our task-list. For now, I let it as it is … sorry.

Cheers,
Richard