Simlink possible memory leak

I’ve noticed this behavior quite a few times now. I am running the latest Simlink 1.1.18.0916 and I only use it with MSFS 2020. In the current instance, my Windows uptime is 4 days and I have not opened MSFS at all during that time. You can see below that the working set for NavigraphSimlink.exe is reported as 13GB in Process Explorer.

I don’t know much more about the behavior at this point, though I feel like it’s always been a similar number whenever I’ve noticed it.

1 Like

Hello Daniel! Welcome to the new forum.

We’ve had this issue with previous versions of the MSFS plugin, but the latest version should not have this issue. Please confirm if you’re using Simlink to connect to MSFS?

As a temporary fix, while our developers investigate, you may restart the application to free the memory.

Regards,
Malte

Yes, I am using MSFS 2020. I just checked today and found that it is currently at 2.8GB and actively increasing, so I’ve had to kill it again.

Hello Daniel!

Has this situation changed at all with the latest updates? There has been a few fixes with regards to this.

Regards,
Malte

I have not been leaving Simlink running, so I can’t say. I have 1.1.19.0104 installed now, so I will leave it running for a few days and see what happens.

1 Like

Just checked memory usage today and the working set was at 12GB. So, memory leak is still there.

Hello again Daniel! Thank you for the update.

Please confirm whether or not you turn off your computer at regular intervals? When was the last time your computer was properly restarted (not woken from hibernation/sleep)?

Thank you for your cooperation!

Regards,
Malte

This PC runs 24/7. It was last rebooted 24 days ago, and reboots only for Windows updates.

1.1.21.0329 appears to have fixed the memory leak. I have not seen it since I installed this update.

1 Like

Hi…,

Thank you for the valuable feedback.

Cheers
Ian