Simbrief API - Fetching Latest OFP, no OFP ID in data

I’m working on with the API, and fetching a User’s Latest OFP Data function.

When I fetch the latest OFP data, I don’t see an element for the OFP_ID, as I want to use the OFP ID so it is updated on our database for reference.

Unless there isn’t, or am I blind that there is an OFP ID somewhere in the latest OFP data function?

Thanks!

Hi, the OFP ID returned by the API is only available when a flight is generated through the API. It can be thought of as an alias, the ID used internally by SimBrief is actually the request_id.

The easiest way to save a reference to the user’s OFP data might be to save the XML data file URL in your database (xml_file in the latest flightplan response). Or even better, save the full OFP data (or a portion thereof) in your database so that it remains available to you, even if that OFP is deleted from SimBrief (OFP data can be removed from the server a few days after the OFP is generated).

Best regards,

Thank you for getting back to me. Also, another question: with SimBrief’s OFP, what’s the period of validity of the OFP for SimBrief?

Thanks!

Normally each SimBrief OFP is kept on the server for at least 4 days. However, this can be longer depending on how often the user logs in to their account and whether they have generated any subsequent OFPs.

Best regards,

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.