Sign in issues

Is anyone experiencing problems with subscribing to navigraph for the first time. I have an account but whenever I try to subscribe it takes me back to the home page where it says, “get started” and then makes me create a new account even though I had one already signed in. Also, I can’t connect my credit card to my account either. Is there anything I can do to fix these 2 problems?

Hello, did you submit a ticket?

No but I got the problem fixed

Please let us know how it was fixed for you - we are investigating potential causes.

Cheers
Ian

I went on a different computer and signed in onto my account and got the subscription on that.

Thank you for letting us know.

Happy flying

Ian

Today I was also unable to login to the website as above (attempting to update my expired subscription). I tried using different browsers, clearing all cookies and content data and using a vpn (suspecting that maybe I had exceeded some sort of anti ddos mechanism)

Oddly enough, signing in through the api that the charts app pulls up in a browser worked fine. In the end, I still wasn’t able to fix it but I was successful logging in through my iPhone on a different IP.