SF50 Aircraft range

Ok, I use the Vision SF50, I’ve watched videos on youtube of flights in the SF50, after trying to input the same Flight Plan of these vidoes I get a (Exceeds Aircraft Range) warning, when clearly watching these vidoes they have at least 1 passenger and luggage and make the flight with no stops. What is it that I need to edit on the aircraft to solve this issue?

Hello! Welcome to the Navigraph Forum!

You have posted in the Navigraph Hub section of this forum. I assume that you meant to post this in the SimBrief section, so I have moved your topic there! Perhaps I can answer the question already though, I’ll give it a go!

Every aircraft is unique, and every aircraft can be modified (within certain limits depending on the operation and certifications of course) to fit its purpose. The range of aircraft can easily be extended by adding extra fuel tanks, and weather can play a deciding part as well. You got a headwind on your way to your destination? That means you are going to be burning more fuel, which means you need to carry more fuel. In addition, you need to bring contingency fuel to comply with regulations, which takes up some of your available fuel capacity. If you are already full, then you have to wait for more favorable conditions!

You have not mentioned any specific route, nor linked to the videos that show it being flown in the real world. Based on the details I have, there are numerous reasons why the flight could technically not be doable according to SimBrief. Please also keep in mind that SimBrief profiles are based on performance numbers from real aircraft and not necessarily that of their simulated counterparts.

If you find a discrepancy in a SimBrief profile, you can copy the said profile and make changes to it to make it work better for your use case. If you believe that your version matches the performance of the aircraft better, please submit it to us so that we can make the necessary changes ourselves - it would be more than welcome!

If you believe that there is a discrepancy and you don’t know how to find it yourself, please provide as many details as possible supporting your case, such as the videos you were speaking of. Just know that we do get quite a few requests for new profiles, so the more details we get the more likely this is to be prioritized!

I hope this helps gain some insight into the situation!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Thank you for your quick response. The FLP was (KAUS)(KTUS). The youtube video that I got the route from is associated to “lepetitprince” S6E7 cross country in a personal jet". He flies this plan with 1 passenger no stops 698NM. The FLP that SimBrief provided was 730NM.

I don’t know which variant of the SF50 that this profile was based on, but after looking around on the internet it seems like there are at least 3 different variants of the SF50.

These variants differ in many ways, one of them being the range. The original jet seems to have had much less range than the new G2 and G2+ variants. Perhaps this could explain things?

I can make the calculation work with the existing profile with less payload and no alternate (which is unlikely to have been the case). Since I don’t know which variant was used or what flightplan was filed, I can’t do much more than that, unfortunately.

Looks like it is at least partially based on the G2 spec:

I don’t know which parameters to tune, unfortunately. I you want Navigraph staff to take a look, please create a topic in Aircraft Profiles with as much details as you can gather. If you can’t find any discrepancy in the profile or don’t know where to start, please include direct links to the flights at least!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Here’s the link to that flight.(https://youtu.be/ULOH6IfdjTw?si=uuEdNqAonGHw6iNl)

I see you created a new topic, thanks! SimBrief staff will take a closer look when time permits!

I will close this topic in the meantime.

Kind Regards,
Malte