RealSimGear 430 Navigation Data Update

I am a certified private pilot and use X-Plane 11 and Foreflight on my iPAD to practice real-world instrument approaches and procedures, etc. via my My PC running Windows 10. My prime objective is to update the navigation database for my RealSimGear products. RealSimGear tech support (you can actually talk to them on the phone which is nice) told me that the RealSimGear 430/530 pulls nav data from the Garmin official simulator installed on my PC in conjunction with the RealityXP plugin and the only way to update the RealSimGear 430/530 navdata would be to remove the navdata flashcard from my real-world Garmin 430; put the flashcard in a flashcard reader connected to my PC, navigate to C:\ProgramData and overwrite the files in my GNS Trainer Data folder. Is this the only way to update my RealSimGear products? There was one support thread that mentioned this issue but it is closed for future comments and did not provide any useful help.

Hi,
we don’t offer any data in the original Garmin format so, you can’t update the data with our service. The reason is, that we may only offer data for entertainment usage but not for real avaiation. When we would build a dataset in the original Garmin format, you would be able to use it in real Garmins too then (as in your example changing the flash card).

Sorry, we are not able to offer such updates.

Cheers
Richard

Hi Dave,

Further to Richard’s post, I am unclear about the discussion on the flashcard, but I believe your can update the RealSimGear 430/450 as per I use XPlane11 and I have a Realsimgear GNS530 that needs to update the database. How can I do it? - #4 by Ian

Cheers
Ian

Thank you Richard and Ian. Richard’s reply & explanation is consistent with what the RealSimGear tech support person told me. He said I would need to get the nav data files from a Real-World Garmin subscription. I’ve tried to update my GNS 430W repeatedly via the Navigraph FMS Data Manager and nothing works. Everything shows up in the addon list and all is green with the AIRAC current version 2311 but when I load X-Plan 11 my 430 boots up with the old 2009 navdata. Garmin’s US annual subscription price that includes Nav, Terrain, and Obstacles for the US is $449.00. FYI, the ONLY reason I purchased Navigraph was my understanding that I could update the nav data in X-Plane 11 and my RealSimGear products. For what it is worth, I have flown several FAA approved flight simulators and my home setup equals or exceeds the FAA approved sims I have flown.

Thanks Ian but it looks more and more like a subscription to Garmin’s nav data update subscription service is required.

Thanks,

Dave

Sorry Dave but in this case, we really can’t help also when we could :shushing_face:

Thabks for your feedback Dave! Have a nice day!

Cheers
Richard

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.