“Quick change”, recalculate, and some other suggestions for Simbrief

Any chance the team might be able to add a quick change feature into the dispatch app so the end user doesn’t have to go into the dashboard and load their dispatch to be completely re edited and regenerated? Additionally for those flying online - is there potentially an API where the dispatch system could be linked to VATSIM Prefile so we don’t have to be redirected to the Prefile page - we would just need to click a “File” button after quick changing it? The quick change feature would also be akin to the “Amend” feature on Foreflight/ArincDirect/similar real life flight planning apps, and would directly link to your VATSIM flight plan thus making any amendments in what you already filed so you wouldn’t have to refile a new plan with your edits.

It would be awesome if I wanted to change a feature of the flight plan without having to go into the system to completely regenerate it.

Additionally, and this ties in, having a “Recalculate” button that regenerates a new release.

And lastly, in the dashboard page - would it be possible to list plans sorted by departure date/time rather than most recent generation?

For those of us that like to flight plan ahead of time, this would be absolutely amazing and would reduce the mental work of keeping plans sorted by departure time, as well as making recalculation the day of a lot easier.

Thanks!

Hi, I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking.

From the Flight Briefing page in SimBrief, if you want to change something, you simply need to click “Edit Flight”, make any changes on the resulting Options page that comes up, then click “Generate Flight” again.

Basically 3 clicks depending on what options you’re changing, I’m not sure how this could be made much easier to be honest. Can you give a more specific example maybe?

Auto-filing to VATSIM is up to them to implement, they would need to put an API in place to support this. But if I was them I’m not sure I would to be honest, the potential for abuse/disruption to the network is too high IMO. But if they do put one in place I’ll be happy to look into it, please make this request to VATSIM directly.

Lastly, it is already possible to sort flights by departure time by clicking the “Depart Time” header:

This applies to most other pages in SimBrief as well.

Best regards,