Problems downloading newly created flight plan

I’m having problems downloading a newly generated flight plan into the X-Plane 11&12 FMS folder. When I click on the little pop out tab in the lower right of the screen that appears as soon as the plan has been generated it works fine but if I use the “download” button at the top of the list of programs to send the plan to; it doesn’t work. I’m trying to download into the X-Plane 11/12 folders. Thanks!

Hi, can you clarify which “Download” button you are referring to? Perhaps with a screenshot?

If it’s this one, in theory it does the same thing that clicking the pop-up does. I’m not sure how one could work but not the other. Do you get any error messages?

Best regards,

I took a screen shot of the button I’m referring to. It’s at the top of the page in the center and says “flight plan downloads” and has a down arrow. I don’t receive any error messages but it simply doesn’t send the newly created flight plan to the appropriate folder. Only when I click on the pop out (which disappears way too quickly) will it send the plan to the X-Plane 11/12 FMS folder and show up in the route plans in the cockpit. Hope this helps. Blair

Hi,

Those download buttons are within the SimBrief web app inside your web browser. Due to security restrictions it isn’t possible for SimBrief to set a custom download location when you click those buttons. You basically need to choose the download location manually, or move the file into the correct folder after you download it.

The pop-up alert that you are seeing is from the SimBrief Downloader, which you evidently have installed and running in the background on your PC. The SimBrief Downloader program was designed precisely to get around the download directory limitation in web browsers, it lets you specify default download locations for each add-on and offers to export them automatically each time you generate a new flight. More info and a usage tutorial are available here: https://www.simbrief.com/home/index.php?page=fms-downloader

If the pop-up disappears too quickly when you generate your flight plan, a few options are available to help:

First, it is possible at any time to right-click the SimBrief icon in your system tray and choose “Export Selected Formats”. This does the same thing as clicking the pop-up and exports all of your enabled formats in the Downloader settings.

The other option is to enable the “Always export new flights automatically” setting in the SimBrief Downloader. Note though that this can result in a lot of files accumulating over time in your various add-on folders, but the option is there if you choose.

Best regards,