PMDG Navdata

I’ve noticed in the last couple of nav data releases that several SIDS & STARS have been missing. my most used airport is EGLL and some of the common SIDS/STARS are no longer in the database.There are quite a few others that I can give you if you require them.

W10 Pro Ver21H1 Build 19043.1149
P3D 5.12

Perhaps you should give the names of the procedures you believe are missing.

Do they actually still exist ?

Simple flight from Heathrow (EGLL) to Chicago O’Hare (KORD) Sid UMLA1F not listed and KORD has no runway information whatsoever !

Hi…,

Welcome.

Please see FAQ - PMDG B777/747/737NGXu FMC Runways Not Available.

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian, thanks for the reply. I’ve deleted the “.dat” file but the link provided for the makerunways folder doesn’t work anymore. Should I try the sim without it or do you know an alternative source ?

Hi…,

You are welcome. Thanks also to Stephen Cooke

You should be right to go.

MakeRwys is only need for RAAS support. You should check if you need that.

If you do, the link to MakeRwys 5.127 is showing as Virus affected. Don’t go there until that website is clear.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian, I did find a safe version of “MakeRunways” and installed it as admin but it’s made absolutely no difference. I’ve loaded and flown the same flight with a non PMDG aircraft and it worked just fine as all SIDS/STARS & runways loaded just fine. I’m at a loss as to what’s wrong with PMDG’s navigation data.

What PMDG addon do you use and in which version?

Cheers
Richard

I am using various PMDG products. 737NGXU, 777 200 & 300 and 747 QOTS. As far as I’m aware they all share the same navdata. P3D is Version 5.1. I was attempting my flight with 777-200ER.

Allright thanks and have you tried it in the 737NG? If you find the missing SIDs/STARs?

Also, can you confirm, that your ident page on your FMC shows the correct cycle?

Cheers
Richard

Hi Richard, thanks for the reply. I can’t do the long haul flight in the NGXu but I will try at some point over the weekend to do a reasonably long flight in a 737 . I’ll let you know how I get on.

You do not need to run a flight, check the FMC IDENT page as Richard suggested, what AIRAC is listed ?

capture_001_24072021_104311

If the AIRAC cycle is correct open the EGLL.txt located in the sim subfolder \Prepar3D_v5\PMDG\SidStars using a text editor such as notepad. Is the same cycle indicated in the header:

//EGLL (HEATHROW)
//Worldwide Navigation Database
//Exported via DFD v1.0 21.0705
//Software copyright (c) 2021 Richard Stefan, NAVData-Service
//Support available via forum at http://forum.navigraph.com
//
//Data provided by Navigraph - www.navigraph.com
//Source data copyright (c) 2021 Jeppesen
//This data may be used for ground based recreational computer game
//simulation software only, and may not be recompiled, interpreted,
//or distributed for any purpose without the written consent of Navigraph.
//The contents of this database is dated and must not be used for real
//world navigation as it is unlawful and unsafe to do so.
//
//------------------------------------------------------
//AIRAC Cycle : 2107 (15/JUL/2021 - 12/AUG/2021) - Ver.1
//------------------------------------------------------

All procedures for EGLL and KORD are available in the PMDG data when loaded here.

1 Like

@srcooke is right … You don’t need to fly - simple enter both icao codes in the FMC and look, if you can select the terminal procedures. You don’t need to fly it …

Additional, what @srcooke wrote - the ident page on your fmc is very simple to check.

Cheers
Richard

Hi Richard, thanks to you and “srcooke” for the reply. I’ve completed a couple of flights over the weekend and the problem appears to have solved itself. I have no idea why the 777-200ER doesn’t load the FMS data like the rest of the PMDG fleet but I can live with that for now.

The -200ER is using exactly the same database as all other PMDG’s, the only reason I can think of is that there is an excessive runway length limit in the PMDG settings for that aircraft.

I’m well aware that “one size fits all” as far as PMDG navdata is concerned, however I have uninstalled and reinstalled the 200ER and all works well now. Thanks for yor help and happy flying !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.