P3D PMDG 777 FMS Data question re. subscriptions

Hi,

I’ve never used Navigraph, Simbrief etc. before.

I am a real world 777 F/O - it’s nice to be able to practice a few things occasionally when my renewals are coming up. I’m using the PMDG 777-300ER, of course with P3D V5 as their 777 isn’t released for MSFS just yet. With this in mind, my only interest is in having current SIDs/STARs and some waypoints around some fields I’d like to play around with. I have no need for maps, flight planning, or charts as I’d just like to use my actual EFB and OFP’s.

My use case would thus be the occasional subscription when/as I want to use it, as my normal simulator play time consists of blowing things up in DCS World, which makes a change from my actual job of being very careful to not blow things up.

So, eventually, my question: If I subscribe for a month or two, download the latest SIDs/STARs etc via the FMS data manager, what happens when my subscription lapses? Does all the data disappear and the P3D/PMDG FMS reverts to the stock data, or does everything ‘freeze’ in time at that point? My point being that I’d rather not install anything if it’ll ‘break’ the sim when my subscription has lapsed.

Please forgive me if I’ve misunderstood the operation, use, or intent of this software, or this is the wrong area of the forum to ask this. I am very impressed with the level of detail available for PC simulation products, this is an incredibly comprehensive piece of software.

Thank you.

Hi…,

Welcome.

You can subscribe to the Ultimate Monthly subscription for a month or two and cancel before the monthly renewal. You then have access to the Navigation Data you download for ever, though in time it will get out of date. You have Charts access for the duration of the subscription only. We suggest this subscription to evaluate our services.

Alternately, you can subscribe to Navigation Data Yearly, without the Charts, and Cancel before the yearly renewal. You have access to the Navigation Data you download for ever. There is no Navigation Data Monthly subscription.

Cheers
Ian

Great, thank you for the explanation.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.