No alternate airports found since new update

Hello all. Since new upadte Im getting a lot of flights where when genertaing new flight I get an announcement that no alternate can be found. Not sure why this is now doing this but im tipping my defaults arent far enough. I havent changed the defaults and not sure how but does anyone know a proper default alternate settings so I get an alternate each flight. Beloe is pic of default settings I have. I fly airliners so obviously need a decent runway. Regards.

Hi,

New Zealand doesn’t have many alternates available with > 7000ft runways, so that’s the main reason why you’re seeing that message more often on this flight.

Normally reducing the “Min Runway” option to 5000ft will yield some alternates as it will bring NZQN and NZWN into play. If that doesn’t work, increasing the “Max Distance” option to 600nm will expand the search to include farther airports (such as NZAA).

Looking at some Air New Zealand flight plans on EDI-GLA, it seems they do use NZWN as an alternate from time to time. And when the weather is nice, they also fly without an alternate sometimes. Widebodies landing at NZAA tend to use NZOH (which SimBrief doesn’t normally plan since there is no public METAR/TAF available for it).

On the 4 flights I saw into NZCH, 2 of them had no alternate and 2 of them used NZAA.

Best regards,

No worries I’ll adjust my defaults. NZ probabaly not best example but was also doing this around asia (Indonesia, malayia regions probabaly for same reasons), so will adjust. Thanks for that.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.