Navigraoh Charts stuck in night display mode

Ian, forgive me if I am missing something obvious but… I was in the process of setting up a flight route using Navigraph Charts v 8.30.0 on my M1 Mac Studio desktop. At one point the display switched, by itself, to night mode. I pressed the day/night icon in the control bar but it had no effect. I made sure I had saved the route then quit the application and restarted. Same nighttime display which I cannot seem to change. Could you please let me know what I am doing to cause this or better yet, how to fix it? Thanks much.

Note… I should mention that I had the display set on Satellite mode. When I switch back to the World Map mode it displays day and night modes by toggling the day/night icon. But when i switch back to satellite view it reverts to night display which I cannot seem to change. I recall, however, seeing the satellie view in “day” mode when I first tried it. So this suggests either a bug in the app or something I am missing in the controls. Most likely the latter. Please advise.

Regards,
Steve Haines
steve@hainesdesign.com

Hello Steve! Thanks for posting!

This is fully expected! When you enable the satellite layer, the app locks you into dark mode to ensure that the colours of our various navigation data layers work well against the photographic background.

This should, however, not affect the rest of your app. Only the map itself!
To unlock the toggle again, you should just have to disable the satellite layer/preset.

Hmm, we have never had such a thing, this dark mode lock has been there since release!

I hope this brings some insight and clarity to the situation! I also hope that I have sufficiently motivated our decision to lock the map theme for this preset.

Kind Regards,
Malte

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.