Missing Approach charts in KBWI for R15L

Flying into KBWI today, the active arrival runway was 15L but I couldn’t see any approach charts for 15L on my iPad. After the flight, I checked the desktop/cloud version and the approach charts were there. Rather strange?

I have no charts for 15L on desktop nor Android

Hi…,

We shall investigate.

Cheers
Ian

1 Like

There are no Jeppesen CAO “airline” charts for 15L (at least via Navigraph, but possibly IRL too?).

15L is shorter than other BWI runways and also narrower: only 30 meters / 100 feet. Most airliners (at least starting with the A320/B737 family, and possibly also some smaller models) require a minimum runway width of 45m, with some narrowbodies being allowed on 30m runways with special authorization only (and sometimes additional weight limitations), so it makes sense that 15L would be unavailable for airliners and missing from CAO charts.

Regards,

Tim

Sorry, your answer is incorrect and not relevant to my original post. There are approaches for both 33R/15L. https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/digital_products/dtpp/search/results/?cycle=2203&ident=kbwi

Also, Navigraph has the plates for 33R, just missing the 15L ones.

Sorry, your answer is incorrect and not relevant to my original post. There are approaches for both 33R/15L.

Yes, but they are not used by most airliners, because the runway is too narrow.

Also, Navigraph has the plates for 33R, just missing the 15L ones.

When your Navigraph Charts flight is in “Standard IFR” mode, you will see charts for both 15L and 33R. When it is set to “Airline CAO” mode, you will find neither. It’s that simple.

Regards,

Tim

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.