Missing airspace at some UK airports

Hi! Just started my subscription and particularly interested in VFR flying.

I’m trying to understand why some airports in the UK have their airspace shown in Navigraph, but some very similar airports do not.

For instance, EGKN (Kenley) shows airspace on Navigraph, but its neighbour EGKB (Biggin Hill) does not. Here is Navigraph Charts and SkyVector for comparison.

Another case - EGKN (Headcorn) shows airspace on Navigraph, but nearby EGMB (Lydd) does not. Again a Navigraph Charts and SkyVector comparison.

I would very much appreciate an understanding of why this is the case. And also if it’s likely these airspaces may appear in the future. Thanks very much.

James

Hi,

We have investigated and found these missing airspaces in our source data, we had just not added them to our map. We will aim to include them with the next cycle update (2309) due in September.

Kind regards,

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Many thanks for investigating those. That is great you will add those airspaces will be added next cycle! :slight_smile:

There do seem to be a number of other airports in the UK with their airspaces missing. Looking at the south-east of the UK, these airports also have their airspaces missing:

EGKA (Shoreham)
EGTF (Perranporth)
EGTO (Rochester)
EGLK (Blackbushe)
EGLF (Farnborough)
EGLM (White Waltham)
EGTB (Wycombe Air Park)
EGTR (Elstree)

Will you be able to add those airspaces too please?

If it would be helpful to you, I will check all UK airports for missing airspace, so you can add them as well. Thanks.

Best regards,
James

Hi,

The change pertains to a missing category of airspaces, so likely all of these will appear in the next cycle.

Kind regards,

Stephen

1 Like

That’s terrific. Many thanks! I look forward to it. :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi,

Please have a look now as we’ve released cycle 2309:

Regards,

Stephen

1 Like

Hi Stephen,

That’s brilliant! :clap: Very many thanks! Makes all the difference, needing to negotiate those airspaces.

Great work. I really appreciate it.

James

1 Like

Glad you like it! :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Stephen

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.