Manual fslabs Airac update always goes to C:\FSlabs\navdata not the specified folder entered in browse

I am trying to manually download the new FSlabs A320 Airac update but when I specify the folders i want it to go to in the browse option it always puts the rom file in C:\fslabs\navdate.

Any ideas on what is going on or what I am doing wrong.

Regards
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Welcome.

Were you browsing to an already existing folder?

I just set up a test folder, and browsed to it and and idex fike was placed there and the rom was placed in a navdata subfolder there.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian

Thank you for your reply to my query.

I was trying to browse to an existing folder. From your reply it seems you placed the .exe file in a folder above the navdata folder.

I have tried to just copy the .rom file to the navdata folder but the FSlabs A320 fmc does not like that and I get error messages and MCDU does not show FMC on the screen.

I will have another go. I have got it to work in the past but have forgotten what I did as I have not flown the FSlabs A320 for a long while due to other issues.

Can I contact you again if I am still having problems.

Regards
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

When you run the installer when prompted you should specify the FS you have, and the installer should place the files where needed. You shouldn’t need to manually copy. The installer does that.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian

Thanks for coming back again. I will the installer decide where it is going to deposit the files and see what happens.

Hi Ian

I let the installer run after selecting P3dv4 but when I look at the A320 MCDU FMCG it is still showing the current database as 2101 and not 2109.

When I execute the .exe file it wants to use C:\faslabs\fslabs

I select browse and want to use C:\users\Andrew\Documents\prepar3dv4addons\fslabs\navdata

The above folder contains previous airac update .rom files which I assumed worked and contains a 2101001.rom file

It then sends the .rom file to C:fslabs\navdata

Sorry to spoil your weekend with this puzzle.

Regards
Andrew

I would think that your FSLabs registry entry is adrift, using the manual installer here correctly identifies the install path.

Try setting the path to the FSL root folder C:\users\Andrew\Documents\prepar3dv4addons\fslabs only.

I agree , you should browse to C:\users\Andrew\Documents\prepar3dv4addons\fslabs

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian

Tried that but without success.

I did a search on my pc to see where the 2109001.rom file was being saved. The only entries i found were in C:\FSlabs\navdata and C:\FSlabs\navdata\navdata-backup.

So all my attempts to place the file in the other folders has not worked. Another interesting fact is that the two 2109001.rom files found were dated 26/08/2021 which must have been the date when I first tried to update the Airac. All my subsequent attempts have not generated a 2109001.rom file.

Does that give you any clues? It is a shame I am having this problem because I love your products as they make flightsim so realistic. At least I have the 2101 Airac cycle which is reasonably current, better than a 2018 or 2019 one.

Your FMSdatamanager seems to park the new Airac files in the right place for my PMDG, Majestic Q400, and Active Sky products. I did run a scan in the FMSdata manager but it could not find the FSlabs A320 hence why I have to manually download. Is the FMSdata manager a possible route to overcome the problem.

Regards
Andrew

Hi Ian

I manually input the FSlabs A320 into the FMS Datamanger and finally got a nav2109001.rom file into the C:\users\andrew\documents\prepar3dv4add-ons\FSlabs\navdata folder.
Loaded up the FSlabs a320 in p3dv4 and I got the same error messages as when I copied the .rom file into the folder. Again the MCDU screen did not show the FMGC option.

In my view the FSlabs A320 can see the nav2109001.rom file but does not like it for some reason.

Are we getting closer to a solution?

Regards
Andrew

I would suggest posting a snapshot the FSL folder structure and navdata folder with file dates and size, similar to this:

Hi

Thank you for helping Ian and I.

Attached is a print of the C:\users\andrew\documents\prepar3dv4addons\fslabs\navdata folder which is where I think the nav2109001.rom should be located but I am not sure.

The nav2901001.rom is in there but when I load the A320 in p3dv4 I keep getting error messages and when the A320 is finished loading the MCDU does not display the FMSG option in LSK1.

If I delete the .rom file the A320 happily loads the 2101 Airac cycle which is also un that folder.

Regards
Andrew

There is way too much junk in that folder :slight_smile:

Backup the entire folder.

Delete all the content EXCEPT XR60000000.lst

Reinstall the NG2109 AIRAC using the data manager and test

There is probably way too much junk on the whole computer. I have had it 7 years.

Will give it a go.

Regards
andrew

You are a star. It has worked. Many thanks.

Take the rest of the weekend off Emoji

Regards
Andrew

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your assistance. Much appreciated.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian

Thank you for all your help. Just so pleased it is working again.

Regards
Andrew

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.