macOS 11 Big Sur: Simlink Hangs, X-Plane Cannot Launch

Since upgrading to Big Sur, when attempting to launch X-Plane the Simlink application launch hangs (Activity Monitor shows Not Responding and 99% CPU) which blocks X-Plane from loading.

3 Likes

Hi,

Welcome to our new forum.

I confirm the behavior. We are investigating.

Cheers
Ian

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I experience the same issue.
I have just purchased access to charts and cannot use moving maps on on MacOS.

Hopefully, you can solve it soon.
Is there any temporary workaround?

I too have the same behavior with X-Plane hanging on startup under Mac Big Sur. The work around for me was:

move the file in the X-Plane directory resources/plugins/
NavigraphSimlin_64.xpl to a safe place. This removes the plug in which can be restored by moving the file back

I think the incompatibility is between X-Plane, the SimLink plug-in and Big Sur

Simlink is “Not Responding” in activity window. Hovering over the icon on upper right the pointer turns into “beach ball”. There was no such issue under Catalina. Worked fine.

Hi Team,

Welcome to our new forum.

We confirm the behaviour and are working on a fix.

Cheers
Ian

Just to clarify X-Plane runs fine under Big Sur for me. It is the Simlink application that hangs. Presume there is a compatibility issue with Big Sur.

Simlink is “Not Responding” in activity window. Hovering over the icon on upper right the pointer turns into “beach ball”. There was no such issue under Catalina. Worked fine.

Same issue for me. I do have a temporary work around for this.

Completely uninstall Charts, Simlink, FMS data manager … everything and of course make sure to remove NavigraphSimlink_64.xpl also.

Download and reinstall from the Navigraph website. Install Simlink again into the Xplane folder. Now when you launch Xplane, it will ask if you want to update Simlink to the latest and greatest. DECLINE. If you skip that update, Xplane will launch as normal and everything works like before. Moving maps was working for me again and Xplane launches as normal. If you update Simlink however instead of skipping update, same problem occurs again. So just skip the update for now.

Admins - do you know what we would be missing if we did not update? Any major feature?

And finally, after the reinstall, I did not use FMS data manager and update to latest AIRAC cycle. Don’t know how that could change things but I suspect it won’t.

Glad that I’m not the only one dealing with this.

B

1 Like

I thank I have the same issue.
I’m running an IMAC with Big sure.
Everything worked fine until yesterday, when I made the last update of XP11.
I had to make a new install of XP11 to located the file, why xp11 is crashing when starting.
I looks like, the simlink is the problem.
Also to get a connection between XP11 & Navigraph Charts is not possible.

1 Like

Hello ,

my operating system on Mac is Big Sur, I tried all I could to have SIMLINK to launch on my status bar but apparently the app is broken or my system is broken :frowning:

I also tried to open it with Terminal and this is what I get :

Last login: Fri Jan 8 19:43:40 on console

The default interactive shell is now zsh.

To update your account to use zsh, please run chsh -s /bin/zsh.

For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050.

Lucas-iMac-Pro:~ lucabarberinii$ /Applications/Navigraph\ Simlink.app/Contents/MacOS/Navigraph\ Simlink ; exit;

QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout “” to Navigraph::Simlink::ViewComponents::LoginWidget “”, which already has a layout

QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout “” to Navigraph::Simlink::ViewComponents::LoginWidget “”, which already has a layout

Segmentation fault: 11

logout

Saving session…

…copying shared history…

…saving history…truncating history files…

…completed.

[Process completed]

Any solution please ?
I already tried to reboot million times , I cleared the cache , I reinstalled Simlink , I have tried them all and no luck .

Thank You for your further help.

Luca

Hi Luca,

I’ve asked you a million times not to exaggerate :smile:

Thank you for the detailed report. We are actively working on a new version Simlink for macOS, and will notify all as a soon as released.

Thank you all for your patience.

Cheers
Ian

1 Like

Hahahahahahahhaa !!! You are the Nr 1.
Thank You and keep up with the good work.

Cheers

Luca

Hello, does this issue (simlink on Mac OS Big Sur) have any resolution timeframe?.
It’s really killing me… The plug-in is seriously affecting X-Plane performance (fps) and significantly affecting simulator start up.
Highly appreciate a prompt resolution being a pay ware product.
Thank you.
Ariel

Hi Ariel,

Welcome.

We are currently testing a new Simlink for macOS, and hope to release soon.

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers
Ian

I have same problem using BigSur. Can you please inform me when the new Simlink for MacOS is ready? ilankrt@me.com. Thanks

Hi…

Welcome.

We had some difficulties but hope to release soon.

Cheers
Ian

1 Like

simlink doesn’t work on Mac with Big Sur 11.1 It’s there any planed fix for it?

Hi…,

Welcome.

Yes, we are in final testing phase of new Simlink for MacOS.

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers
Ian

Hello anything new with Simlink for macOS Big Sur?