Simlink crashes on mac big sur

Continuing the discussion from macOS 11 Big Sur: Simlink Hangs, X-Plane Cannot Launch:

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS,ARE YOU ANY NEARER FIXING THE PROBLEM,GREAT PRODUCT LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING THE CHARTS AND SIMLINK WORKING TOGETHER,LIVE IN HOPE,WILL.

Hi Will,

Welcome.

Please post in normal case. All caps is considered shouting.

The issue you referred to was fixed back in July.

Please post details of the issue you are experiencing including screenshots of any errors using Guide to posting Screenshots. Please provide all details so we can replicate.

Have you been able to run Charts and SImlink without error in the past? What has changed since?

Cheers
Ian

1 Like

Hi Ian, as a new user to navigraph i have tried to download and install nav charts and simlink,the charts are working well but cant get the simlink to connect with xplane 11.5 operating on mac os big sur 11.6.5. I have downloaded charts from navigraph

I moved the charts into the application folder as directed and clicked twice on the simlink icon and received the message successfully installed. Reading your post on the same problem i see at this time i should see a small icon on the top toolbar to further direct the plugin to the right destination but i dont have one,hope you can help,Will.

Hi Will,

The small green Simlink icon appears in the top status bar when you load X-Plane 11.

Cheers
Ian

Hi again Ian,Still trying to install charts and simlink, I have just installed simlink on my macbook air but i had a notification from simlink , which gave me the green icon in the menu bar to continue the setup of simlink,unlike my imac where there is no green icon in the menu bar to complete the installation,hope this explains my problem a little more,many thanks,Will.

Hi will,

It seems like your Charts and Simlink install didn’t complete.
Please uninstall, download again and reinstall. You may be asked to update Simlink version which has a drag and drop action.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,i think i have been replying to my own posts what a berk! i have got as far as getting simlink to find and install the plugin into xplane 11.55r2,

it now tells me that he plugin needs updating and when i try to open xplane it hangs, if it is all ready running it ends up crashing, is it possible to get one of your techs to look at my imac
remotely,many thanks,hope to here from you soon,Will. ps have you got a set of L plates for these newcomers to forums!

Hope someone can help,i have been having trouble with simlink and have been talking to you about the problem, as a newbie to forums i think i have made a mistake in the sites protercol so i have opened up a new link.I have got as far as the simlink finding and installing the the plugin to the xplane 11.55r2 folder but when i try to open xplane i get a box saying that simlink app has closed and xplane refuses to open.I see on other posts that members state that they get a login window to simlink unlike myself allso ther is a window to configuir aircraft in xplane ,is this only on the windows version.The only way i can get a green icon in my menue bar is after simlink has installed is to open the app to show contents and click on the macos/utilities,hope you can help as i use the charts and injoy a great product,many thanks ,Will

Hi Will,

We haven’t forgotten you. It is the weekend.

A developer will contact you to follow up.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Will,

Please check your PM’s.

Simlink developer Vishal has sent you a PM.

Cheers
Ian

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.