LIEO - STAR with wrong FlyOver wpt

Hello,

please check the STAR BATOX 4L in LIEO.
The wpt EO475 is coded as FlyOver while it is a FlyBy wpt.

Tks

Hi,
I have checked our source and this waypoint is not designed as fly-over. So, to verify it deeper, please give use more details

• which sim do you use
  • which addon do you use where this happen

Thank you
Richard

I had this issue always onto the PMDG B738, MSFS.

I had a look at the file related to the aerodrome profedures, I guess this issue is caused by the “direct to odogi “ description I found in there….

Just to be sure.

The currently observed behaviour is FlyOver.
The expected behaviour would be a FlyBy….

Thanks, but you see, there is no fly-over syntax at EO475 and the 'direct OTOGI` is correct so far.
So, the coding on our side seems to be correct. We have no more influence on the aircraft itself.

Please report this to PMDG. I can’t see a navdata issue here, sorry.

Cheers
Richard

I am sorry but I do not think is PMDG fault this time.

This is the procedure text into YOUR file (as Navigraph provider od Airacs):
STAR BATO4L FIX BATOX FIX GITRI AT OR BELOW 12000 AT OR ABOVE 9000 FIX EO473 FIX EO475 AT OR BELOW 9000 AT OR ABOVE 6000 SPEED 230 TURN RIGHT DIRECT FIX ODOGI AT OR BELOW 6000 AT OR ABOVE 4000 SPEED 220 FIX EO477 SPEED 220 FIX EMDEK SPEED 220 FIX EO479 SPEED 220 FIX EO480 SPEED 210 FIX LIDNU SPEED 210 FIX EO481 SPEED 210 FIX MILIS SPEED 210

in such sequence has been introduced the wording I bolded.
This text for this turn only triggers a FLYOVER on the waypoint before and consequently a “turn direct to a fiy, DF segment” which is not the case of the segment of the mentioned STAR (which is a TF).

Indeed, without this incorrect insertion into the text provided with the Airac, the loaded procedure becomes correct and as published.

… the syntax in the PMDG for a fly-over waypoint is FLY-OVER XYZ … This indicates, that the a/c must flyover this waypoint. A direct to a fix, is not a fly-over it’s a fly-by …

How would you write this line in the PMDG syntax?

Cheers
Richard

Technically a Direct to a Fix starts automatically on a FlyOver wpt, arinc 424 and doc 8168 in hands. It cannot in any way be preceded by a FlyBy construction.

Still the issue I see only for this segment of the full STAR is a flyover behaviour, triggered by a direct to fix definition which is not correct.
All segments of this STAR are Track to Fix.

Won’t take less on navigraph side to just load the STAR and see the evidence of this turn which is not a sequence of flyby turns with TF legs as expected but is, only for this turn, a direct to fix which is overshooting completely the published track?

Replying to the question.
Removing the line stating the direct to turn….as per all other turns of this star which are NOT mentioned in the STAR text as they are threaten as a sequence of wpts.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.