INOP message when I go to weather tab

Hello. I want to point out an error after the last version of charts (8.19.0) on my 6th gen iPad Air (iOS version 12.4.1)
When I go to information tab of an airport and trying to get weather info, it gives me the INOP error (Something didn’t work out as expected.) Before the last update, didn’t had this error.
I have to quit the app and re-open to remove the message.
Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Hi,

Which airport did you attempt?

Regards,

Stephen

Hello, Stephen.
Several airports with the same result:
LBWN, LBSF, LRBS
I want to mention that I have a very good internet connection without interuptions.
Is not a big thing, I can always check the METAR somwhere else, but it was very comfortable using the app. As I mention in the first message, this problem occured after the last app update on ios.
Many thanks for your support.

I also have these issues on my iOS device. All airports weather tab takes me to an INOP screen.

Hello @vladstoicescu88 and @Startym ! Thanks for reaching out and making us aware of this.

We’re not able to reproduce. Do you have this issue consistently? Does it affect all airports or just some?

I was going to ask if it only affects METAR as well, but I’m assuming that you’re not able to switch to TAF before you’re shown the INOP message?

Kind Regards,
Malte

1 Like

It looks to be in working order at this moment in time.

I would go…

Search> Airport of my choice > Open Airport > Weather.

That is where the INOP screen occurred. The TAF option wasn’t even shown. At this moment in time I am not seeing the INOP screen and can access the weather tab.

We might know what caused this issue, and we’ve taken measures that should help prevent it from happening again. Please report if you happen to stumble upon it again!

Kind Regards,
Malte

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick work and response. Much appreciated.

2 Likes

Hello,
I just saw it happening on my end. On a flight from EDDK to EKCH. Weather information for EDDK works, but for EKCH I see the INOP message.

Best regards,
Ole

Hi same here at EDDB
… yesterday it worked fine…

Just ran into this issue as well, when trying to fetch the weather info for Helsinki Vantaa (EFHK).
The weather for my departure airport Amsterdam Schiphol (EHAM) is working fine

Hi,

We’re investigating.

Regards,

Stephen

1 Like

Hello everyone! This issue will be resolved with the next update of Charts.

Thank you for your patience and feedback!

Kind Regards,
Malte

3 Likes

This should now be solved. Let us know if you see this again!

Hello! I Didn’t had the inop error after the last release. Everything works nice and smoothly.
Great job everybody and thank you for your hard work!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.