Government response from Brazil regarding the ILS/DME coordinates of SBSJ

Hello, I apologize for reopening this topic, but I received a response from the Brazilian government regarding the error in the AIP, and it was confirmed by them. I will leave below the conversation I had through the SAC on the government website: https://servicos.decea.mil.br/sac/

Note: For security reasons, I will conceal my personal data, such as CPF and phone number.

And to make it easier, I will provide the text in English below the images.

Hello, my name is Ailton da Silva Zamboti. I am an aviation enthusiast, and while conducting research on airports in the state of São Paulo, I came across a possible error in the location coordinates of the LOC for runway 16 at São José dos Campos Airport (SBSJ).

Upon entering the provided coordinates, I noticed that they lead to a misaligned position of the runway, deviating to the left. The coordinates published in 01/2023 are 23°14’20.6"S 45°50’59.9"W, resulting in a left alignment of the runway instead of the center.

I am attaching some photos to illustrate the situation.

Government of Brazil’s Response:

Mr. Ailton, good morning!

The SAC appreciates your contribution to the continuous improvement of Aeronautical Information in Brazil.

The content of your message has been analyzed, and we inform you that the ILS/DME ISJ coordinates are: S 23° 14’ 22.5687" / W 045° 51’ 01.2080". We also inform you that there are ongoing discussions regarding the correction through SDIA 42c59080, with a likely correction by AMDT 21MAR24.

For further information or clarification of doubts, please contact us via the NOTAM Center phone: (21) 2101-6879 or AIM Supervision: (21) 2101-6013.

Once again, SAC appreciates your contact.

And if you input these new coordinates into Google Earth…

Good stuff, thanks for your investigation and your effort in this … I´m pretty sure, you will see the result of this investigation in one of the next AIRAC cycles too, depending on the report date to the source provider.

Thank you again for your work and also for this valuable information - much appreciated

Cheers,
Richard

PS: I can´t set your posting as “solution”, therefore I do my answer set to solved

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.