Generally wrong FMS altitudes via Simbrief

Hi there

1. Too often I unfortunately receive one cruise altitude from Simbrief and when imported into the FMS it could change dramatically - ex. from FL370 to FL430 - then I have to go manually through Legs on the FMS and correct every each waypoint with the correct altitude according to original data from Simbrief.
    What is going wrong here?

2. The Simbrief descent FMS altitude scheme for approaching into the following inland orientated runways (incoming from the mediterranean sea) : Valencia/LEVC/RWY12 and Alicante/LEAL/RWY/10 will consequently every time result in terrain crash, if not disconnecting the AP in time and pulling up!
    What the heck is going wrong here?

In use: P3Dv5.5 / PMDG 777-200 / AIRAC 2304

Cheers,
Morten

Hi again
Any help on this issue?!
/Morten

Hi Morten, very sorry for the delay.

1. PMDG will not import the cruise altitude from SimBrief. There are many potential reasons why the FMS might not choose the same cruise altitude as SimBrief, but this is normal behavior in the real world as well. After importing, you should be able to enter the “CRZ ALT” directly on the FMS “PERF INIT” page instead of having to edit every waypoint.

1. The OFP estimated altitudes during descent are advisory only and do not guarantee terrain clearance. During the descent, approach, and landing, you should disregard the SimBrief altitudes and instead reference the STAR and approach charts for the applicable minimum safe altitudes.

Hope this helps, and best regards,

Ahaa…! Thanks,
that solved my issues:

Ad.1 Before I used to hit “Reject” all on the previous FMS page and then in here implemented your announced CRZ ALT.
So now I instead tried to hit the “Accept” option, which then brought me on to the similar page on your screen shot. From there, I then implemented your announced CRZ ALT, and bingo, issue then solved!

Ad.2 As it turns out, a chosen STAR approach within Simbrief, will NOT automatically be imported into ProATC/X’s flightplan, so now I realized that I have to implement this manuely into the FMS/ARRIVAL page, which then resulted in a successful controlled test approach to LEVC/RWY12 and finally a perfect landing!

Cheers,
Morten

Ohhh no, my friend!
You are wrong according to ad.1:
Even though, in another test, following your direction, flightlevel setting will STILL go wrong!!!
Simbrief have now decided FL360 - but even though following your direction, FMS insist on FL400…!!
So please correct your error programming.
Thank you.

Cheers,
Morten

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.