Fuel consumption with the C510 Mustang

Hello
I am having some struggle with the fuel planning for the Cessna 510 Mustang. I believe the calculated fuel is a bit too high.

Let’s say I do a test flight plan LIRF - LGST @FL350 (a flight I got from OnAir dispatch) with no alternate, no contingency, no reserve (just to see the pure Fuel Burn and system calculates 2’085 lb block fuel.

I found on the web the Flight Planning Guide for this airplane and according to the table, if I take the same flight data (800 NM , FL350) I have an estimation of 1’600 lb
According to manual this includes:
-Cruise Climb
-High-Speed cruise
-High-Speed descent
-ISA, zero winds enroute
-Flight time includes climb,cruise and descent
-Fuel burn includes 60 pound for taxi and takeoff
-Three Passengers @200 pound each, single pilot (I am consideing 190 ponds/passenger and single pilot)

I think there is a bit of discrepancy and I’d like to ask if is possible review this aircraft profile

Flight_Planning_Guide.pdf (289.0 KB)

SimBrief’s C510 profile is of unknown quality:

The file you provided looks quite interesting and could help improve the profile, I think? @SimBrief

Regards,

Tim

Thanks for the supporting!
For the time being I will fly with the datas from the manual, otherwise I will be always too limited in weight and then I land with 1’500 lbs of fuel remaining for mid flights ca 500 NM.

Then hoping @SimBrief will have a look at it and perhaps adjust the fuel for this class!

Have a nice one!

Hi, thanks for the report. SimBrief’s C510 profile has now been updated with better data, which should solve this issue!

Cheers,

This topic was automatically closed after 11 days. New replies are no longer allowed.