FMS Data UFMC rev 2112 pb with airway UN525

Hello
When charging the Fligtplan below with rev 2111 it’s ok With Rev 2112 there is problem with Airway UN525 between Naxet and ARUBO. To solve the issue I use rev 2111 or replace UN525 by DIRECT. Thank’s if you can see that. With Xplane format no problem.

SASA
SLLP
DIRECT
KIBOS
DIRECT
JUJ
UM776
NAXET
UN525
ARUBO
UW6
ARPIS

Hi…,

Welcome

With SSG B748 Inter using UFMC with AIRAC 2112 Rev 1 I get:

Navdata looks correct?

Cheers
Ian

Hello
Thank you for this quick answer
Yes the FMS can read the fligt plan but the WP after NAXET should be PUDBA and not SAL in the LEGS menu. If you look PONPI as exemple, you can constat it is not good to go to ARUBO from NAXET. When trying with rev 2111, the route is good. I did the test with SSG E170 & 747 to obtain the same result. The good WP after NAXET is PUDBA. See the attachement to compare Route & LEGS in REV2111
IN REV2112 as I said, it is typacally for UFMC data, with XPLANE 11 data, I have the good root.
These were my tests of the day.
Bests regards
Richard

Hi Richard,

I see your point. We shall investigate.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Richard,

The UFMC dataset has no airways included - UFMC reads the airway data from X-Plane. So when X-Plane shows the correct one as you wrote, then it must be a UFMC issue.

Cheers
Ian

Hello Ian

This is an interesting issue. I’ll look into it on my side. The data from the airway FMC 2111 & 2112 files are consistent and do not explain the anomaly. If moreover these data are from Xplane, we have to look elsewhere. That being said, it works with UFMC 2111 data.
This is really exciting, I will look for …
Thanks for your support, if I find a lead, I’ll forward it to you.

Best regards

Richard

Hello Ian
I did some tests with the FMS of the E170 SSG (UFMC format).
1- Delete FMS Xplane data in Xplane folders
a- REV 2111 : OK
b- REV 2112 with Awy REV2111 : OK
c-REV 2111 with Awy REV2112 : NOK
2 - Restoration of FMS data (Xplane (UFMC does not use it a priori) and construction of the point to point flight plan with REV2112 FMS data
from SASA to NAXET : OK
NAXET - BUDPA : NOK
I look at the awy files, they are a bit different.Some data are missing in the REV2112 in agreement with navigraph chart.
Some data are missing in the REV2112 in agreement with navigraph chart.
For example the first line UN858 ABRIX - CNA which has been deleted in NAVIGRAPH CHART.
New test with FMS data REV2112 except awy in REV2111
I remove this line in the awy file of REV2111 and the problem appears.
I replace awy file REV2111 by awy REV2112 and I reinsert this line ABRIX in the file, the fligtplan reading is correct.
It seems to me that the problem is really related to the UFMC airways file in REV2112
If you can look at the compilation of REV2112.
Sincerely
Richard

Hi Ian

Too many dysfunctions whatever the combination of files. I agree with you it seems that it’s a UFMC FMS issue.
The aways files REV2112 UFMC seems identical than thoses of XPLANE.
Sorry for my tests of this morning, they vere incomplete.

Cheers

Richard

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.