Failed to export flight plan (MSFS)

Hi,

Every time I try to export a flight plan in the new Charts app in the MSFS 2020 format I’m getting a ‘Failed to Export Flight Plan’ error. I checked through most of the settings I cannot find anything related to exports such as a preferred path to a folder to save files. Any advice on why this selection fails to export the flight plan? Is there any information on the folder where these files are being saved?

Regards,
NCHawk5018

Hi,

Please paste your flight plan here. Use the “Copy to clipboard” option and paste.

Regards,

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Here are two different flight plans which failed to export. So far I have not been able to successfully export a flight plan in the MSFS 2020 format.

Regards,

NCHawk5018

KHKY/01 HKY3 BZM DCT INGON T224 UFFIN DCT DAN DCT MCDON T224 NUTTS V3 CARML DCT LORAA DCT GVE DCT LDN DCT KMRB/R08

KAVL/17 AVL7 SUG DCT LIB DCT KRDU/BEICH.R05RY

It seems to relate to a bug with exporting flights with a SID missing a Transition.

We have this in our tracker.

Stephen

Okay, thanks for the update. The new version is looking really great but as with anything new a dose of patience is due to work out some kinks.

NCHawk5018

Thanks for the the update. If it helps, I saw a similar issue with this flight plan leaving KHVN.

KHVN BHAVN1 APPLE V123 DAVYS V213 ENO V157 TAPPA T224 YUDUG V20 UFFIN T224 SANFI V20 VAESE T224 STYLZ T414 MILBY DEHAN3 KLZU/R07

Hi,

The issue seems to be that there is no runway set for your origin airport. If you add an origin runway it will export.

We’ll investigate how to fix the export even when runway is missing.

Stephen

Thanks Stephen for the update. I’m confident you will resolve the issue soon and look forward to the fix.

Cheers,
NCHawk5018