EGKK SID update

As of 02 DEC 20 some changes has happend to EGKK WIZAD SIDs. They no longer have a text stating alternative SID is ADMAG SID but have changes it to DVR SID.
Some people only using Navigraph are having problems of making a Eurocontrol Validation because of this.

regards
Torben Andersen

Hello Torben! Welcome to the forum!

I looked up the relevant chart in the UK AIP and this is what I found. The date is indeed more recent than what is printed on our charts.

While I myself do not know why the Jeppesen chart is a few months older, I can safely say that they both contain the same information. Our chart, dated 7 AUG 20, does suggest the DVR sids as alternatives, and there is no mention of ADMAG.

Perhaps I misunderstood the question? What exactly are people having problems with?

Kind Regards,
Malte

Hi Malte.
If you take a look at the WIZAD 1X chart (20-3U) you’ll see the ADMAG SID mentioned. On VATIM forum a member expressed difficulty in constructing a valid (through EUROCONTROL validation) route from EGKK to EDMM, as he could’nt file a WIZAD SID (“Not to be used for Flight Planning Purposes” - in the remarks) and ADMAG sid were turned down by EUROCONTROL. In helping him, I noticed the discrepancy between AIP UK charts and Jeppesen’s / yours.
regards
Torben

I see. I was looking at the WIZAD 4M & 4V procedures. I’ll investigate and get back to you!

Cheers,
Malte

13 day for checking. I hope they are updated with the next AIRAC

Hello again Torben, sorry for the long wait.

Unfortunately, we have not yet received an answer from our provider despite asking 2 weeks ago. This waiting time is unusual and it is the reason that I have still not gotten back to you.

Rest assured that I will be updating you as soon as I have any news!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Good news! We have received a response from our provider.

Basically, while evaluating this new change to the EGKK charts, they have found information that they need to clarify with the authorities before publishing any updates. As soon as they receive an answer, the change will be incorporated into our EGKK 20-3U chart.

Here’s the currently standing change notice for the chart, including the information you’re after:

Kind Regards,
Malte

thank you for the explanation. Looking forward to next AIRAC update. Thanks for an invaluable product.
Torben

1 Like

You’re welcome! Thank you for the kind words, we’re glad that you are enjoying our product!

Kind Regards,
Malte

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.