Editing a Flight Plan while in the air

I have a flight plan loaded in my Aircraft and Navigraph. I am flying along a route, and the controller says direct a certain waypoint. How can I tell Navigraph to go to that waypoint?

Similarly, If I create a new flight plan in the air in Navigraph, how do I start the flight from my current location? Thank you for your help!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Send flightplan from panel to simulator

Welcome to our forum @AeronauticalLayover3 !

There is no “direct to” feature in Navigraph Charts at the moment, unfortunately. This is because it currently is not aware of your position in relation to the route, so we can’t determine where in the flight you are at the moment. This is going to change in the future, and that will ultimately result in a “Direct to” feature becoming available!

In the meantime, you can delete the waypoints that are between your current position and the waypoint you have been cleared direct to. It is definitely not as convenient, but it works for some cases! Apologies for the inconvenience.

While you can’t start “from your current location”, there is a workaround for this too:

1. Unload any loaded flight if you have any
  2. Right-click on the map where you started your flight
  3. Press the Add to route button. A new flight is created containing this waypoint only.
  4. Plan the rest of your flight, no need to select an origin airport!

I hope this helps, even though it’s not exactly what you asked for!

Kind Regards,
Malte